Wednesday, July 16, 2008

www.temporary.situation.com

Today was one of interesting-ness. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to make much money at this job (but it's still good experience) - mostly because most of the companies that have advertised in the planner before have already been contacted by the publisher or the other sales person - so I have the leftovers.... the ones who are least likely to place an ad. That Sucks!!

On the other hand I came to the conclusion that my temporary situation sucks less than Carrie's temporary situation. I spent several hours "Carrie-sitting" today as her step mom was out to see a play! We had good times - but I got to see more of the day in the life of a cancer patient who just had a knee replacement. I got to meet her daily nurse, see her get her shots, take lots of pills, learn lots of new words, struggle to make it to the bathroom and up a stair to the dinner table. Tonight was her first night at the dinner table since the surgery. We played Phase 10 and I did pretty good but she wins every time she plays.

I learned that I could technically see Nick tomorrow if I wanted but I'll stay and do a bit more work and then drive back Friday morning? I also want to make something to snack on - there is nothing in this house to eat just a little bit when I'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment