Wednesday, July 22, 2009

www.2thots.com

I had 2 thoughts today that I just have to share.

1. I was walking past the movie section at Wal-mart today. I thought about the times that Nick and I have bought movies together. The first memory that came to mind was our 2nd dating anniversary when we wanted to go to the movies and dinner, but nothing good was playing at the theatre so we drove into Wooster to have dinner and then we went to a Wal-mart to look into buying one instead of just renting one. (we were already engaged at that point) That memory took me back to the first movie that we bought "together". I remember buying it - i don't even remember who paid, probably me. Anyhoo I was about to put it on our "shared-by-8 girls-movie-shelf" and Nick saying to me write both of our initials on it! I think I had already put the "BA" on it. I remember being in total shock!! Apparently then he knew he was going to marry me (well he'd know for a long time before that but....) - I wasn't sure then - but I did it anyways so I must have subconsciously known I would marry him! PS the Movie was "Reign Over Me" - if you haven't seen it - rent it - its great - but it's sad.

2. As I was driving home tonight I remembered a prediction I had a long time ago - probably like 3 years ago that Mel laughed at me for. It had nothing to do with them getting pregnant in their first year, like others predicted uncorrectly! It has to do with their life. I believe my prediction was: that Mel would end of playing piano for some little church, singing special music and leading bible studies, and Kevin would do sound and together they would practically run the church! She laughed at me! Look who's laughing now!! Not only is she leading bible studies, and prayer meetings and youth group, and Kevin's playing the guitar and clarinet, they actually led the church service on the 5th of July!!

1 comment: