Tuesday, July 14, 2009

www.inspired.com

Melissa's ridiculously delightful lovey-dovey post inspired me. I'm not sure what I'm going to say but I want to regurgitate my feelings about my husband.

“Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists. When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence. - Edmond and Jules De Goncourt, French brothers who were both authors.

  • We've been married 52 days!
  • We still can't get enough of each other.
  • We love taking the garbage out together - how lame right?
  • We love hanging out together, me- looking at pictures, him- looking at Magic cards
  • We love watching the same TV Shows - Friends, Scrubs, House, How I Met Your Mother, etc.
  • We both love that 1 of our matresses is on the living room floor acting as a glorified couch.
  • I love the way he runs to meet me at the door when I come home from work.
  • I love the way he puts away the dishes that I've washed.
  • I can't wait for him to come home to see what I did that night - even in my sleepy state I still ask him and he always says he loves it.
  • I don't think I'll ever get used to how much he can eat.
  • I love when he picks out clothes for me to wear - like today - I'm completely wearing his clothes.
  • I love his soft hands when he's massaging me.
  • I love how blind he is - without his contacts or glasses.
  • I love that he would rather have me fall asleep in the living room watching TV than going into our bedroom alone.
  • I was so proud of him when he won his tournament. He loved that I was excited even though I don't have a clue how Magic works.
  • I love him when he sings in my ear or whispers in my ear!
  • I love attacking him and making him laugh like crazy!
  • I need him, like I need air, like I need chocolate, like I depend on him to make it thru the day.
  • I love that when I get out of bed in the morning he moves to my side of the bed because it smells like me.

  • He makes my heart happy on a regular basis.
  • He would do anything to make me happy.
  • He humors me.
  • He tells me that the food I cook is delicious.
  • He says "our" stuff when it was clearly mine!
  • He calls me an Everett - even though he said it was going to be hard to get used to.

It's funny to me how the lovey dovey stuff changes once you're married. I might add more as the years (or just days) go on to this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment