Seth and Nick went to the same high school and church and had tons of fun growing up together. They graduated from high school and college together! They also worked campus safety together!
Crissie married Seth King on October 3rd in Berkley, MI with the reception in Plymouth. Crissie Strohmaier (nn. Stroh) and I were on the same floor Freshman & Sophomore year and briefly lived together senior year as well! Crissie and I also used to goof off together in college writing class with Naomi freshman year!
She had 16 girls stand with her! 1 maid of honor, 7 bridesmaids, 3 jr. bridesmaids, and 5 flower girls! And people thought I was crazy??? The minister (Crissie's uncle Santa Claus) got the order all messed up but they were pronounced man & wife, they said their vows, and the groom still got to kiss the bride! There were hors d'eaurves were served at the reception hall (the Inn at St. Johns) and we got to visit with the Lehmans. They were invited to our wedding as well, but I didn't know them very well. Michael Lehman was Nick and Seth's small group leader in high school and had a great impact on each of their lives. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them better. We were even seated at the same table as them! (Nick and I were trying to guess where we'd be seated because we were involved in 3 parts of their lives....)
This is the 4 of us! Side note - yes if the dress looks similar - it was the exact same dress I had - minus the straps that I added to mine!!!! However it is a great dress!Some of the unique things about the wedding:
- The bouquets at the front of the church were vases of each of the flowers that were in the girls bouquets but one kind of flower per bouquet.
- Ephram & Kay sang "Hosanna"
- They did communion and a foot washing cermony. Crissie laughed as she was trying to put his socks back on!
- Crissie had an aunt as a bridesmaid, lots of cousins, her sister, soccer friends and Magan!
- Beacuse of Crissie's German Heritage we were given a ribbon to hang out of our car on the way to the reception.
- We blew bubbles as they left the church and the wedding party let go of purple balloons.
- The seating arrangements were attached to a red chocolate flower in vases categorized by chunks of the alphebet and I had a hard time going straight to the E's - still think I should be in the 1st batch.
- They waitors served chicken wellingtons, coconut chicken, triangle spinich pastries and spring rolls (which Nick ate 8 of the mini spring rolls) we stood at those little round cocktail tables. For dinner we had the option of chicken or salmon with potatoes, and asparagus.
- Nick knew all the groomsmen except Crissie's brother - soo he was excited to see all the boys including the best man!
- Spencer Wenger who was invited to our wedding but didn't come - came to theirs - so I was glad to get to know him!
- We dance to 2 slow songs and then went home early like we were an old married couple.




No comments:
Post a Comment