Monday, October 19, 2009

www.She's50YearsOld.com

50 years ago today, October 19th, 1959 - my mother was born. Today she is working in Windsor and going to a baby shower in the evening.... not the coolest birthday ever, but yesterday my dad spoiled her by giving her the gift of a lifetime!

It was something that she never ever thought she would own!!!

He gave her a pair of REAL pearl earrings.
She was in shock!

She even tested them to see if they were real and they were.

Then to her total surprise a few minutes later he gave her the matching (as matching as real pearls can be) necklace!!! He said he saw the emotion in her eyes, I believe him, even if he said she would also deny crying.
Now the even cooler part is that 3 days ago they celebrated their 27th year together!! He got her the plates that she saw at my cousin Dana's house and fell in love with. I helped him with finding them. They are Gordon Ramsay: Royal Dalton Everyday plates. He got her 8 of the dinner plates and 8 of the salad plates.

So today I celebrate my mama!!!

She is such an amazing mom! My brother and I are lucky to have her as our mom. We talk through e-mail on a daily basis and even though we live in different countries and it costs a fortune, we talk on the phone almost daily too! If we ever need anything, she'll take the day off work and be there for us. She'll give up her vehicle so visiting missionaries can have a car to drive around in for 2 weeks. She's pretending she doesn't know about a surprise party - even though she would rather not be the center of attention. I hope that one day I wall be as awesome of a mom as she is. . . .
In other news, I worked 48 hours last week from Tuesday-Saturday, was home alone for 3 days. Tuesday night I hung out with Jake & MG. Nick was going to come home Friday, and I was going to sleep over at MG's apartment, but he missed me so he came home a day early, but my Nick came home sick so I've been taking care of him. Saturday while I was at work my best friend Mel and her Kevin stopped in at home and delivered the 4th chair for our kitchen that she found at a garage sale this summer! I haven't seen her in months..... I also got new runing shoes! Saturday night I talked to Jennie on the phone and I might get to see her tomorrow or the next day. She's going to be home for a day or 2! This week is looking better than last for sure.

Today I work the lame-o 12 hr shift, but tomorrow (and this is sneaky...) I was scheduled to work at Walmart as well as the church job like normal, however I didn't want to miss String Ensemble 2 weeks in a row (last week I worked Tuesday cuz I had Monday off for Thanksgiving). Soo I asked my boss at Wal-mart if I could switch with someone, he suggested that the only way to do that was to work the day shift but that would require that I request off the church job for Tuesday. Sooo I talked to the church and got Tuesday off. Then I talked to my boss at Wal-Mart - he said that he got the student to work til 9 and if I really wanted I didn't have to come in at all!! Soooo guess what? I'm not going to go to either job!!

On top of String Ensemble, Nick told me we were going on a date! I'm sooo excited!! I guessed 1 of the 2 places that we are going to (on the first try). I didn't try to guess the 2nd because I want to be surprised. Then I only have to work 3 days at Wal-mart the rest of the week - and hopefully my Nick will be feeling better soon! EEEK - Soo excited for Tomorrow!

I LOVE YOU MOM!!

2 comments:

  1. I love you too baby girl!!! (You'll always be my baby girl!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Britt's mom!! :)

    ReplyDelete