Sunday, October 25, 2009

www.mamasBirthday.com

This past Saturday we went home for a "surprise party" for my mom - that she pretty much knew about - she just didn't know the details. Bessie, Steph and Kathy planned a pretty cool party at Steph's house. The biggest surprise was that I didn't know Dana and Michael were coming and they didn't know that we were coming - and it was the first time we'd seen them since our wedding. Mom's oldest brother and his wife ended up with the flu and didn't make it but she hates being the center of attention anyways so the small gathering was more to her taste. She got very few of the traditional gag gifts, and our gift was the wrong kind so I have to try to send them back.... but the food, drinks, music and umbrella deco's made it a great little Caribbean atmosphere! Take a look:
This is the pretty cool looking Fruit Pizza I made, and the pretty Birds of Paradise flowers from Kathy & Eldon.

These are the pineapple boats made my Linzy!

They are watching a slideshow made by Aunt Bessie of pictures from her whole life!!

Her family - minus her handsome husband because he was behind the camera that took this picture!!

This is me checking out my mom's new Pearl Necklace - isn't it pretty!

This is me checking to see if it's real - rubbing them on my teeth.
Anyhoo its was a lovely - short weekend of time with our parents!
I LOVE GOING HOME!




1 comment:

  1. I was super impressed with the fruit pizza! way to go! it looks profess!

    ReplyDelete