Hi all,
Yesterday I went to Ann Arbor for an interview. The place is called the Mediterrano and I found the place on theknot.com. John, the Mediterranean owner had created 2 banquet type rooms off the restaurant called La Piazza. He had an event planner that recently moved to Grand Rapids, but he hasn't been looking for a replacement because of the economy.... so when my resume showed up there last week, he thought he should call me. He's basically offered me the event planner position part time until the economy pics up. The position at this point is really going to begin more under a marketing influence, trying to regain clients he had previously that he hasn't seen or heard from in a while.
Based on the name, without looking at the website you could guess that the theme is Mediterranean and you would be right. It is beautiful, fancy, elegant etc. There are 2 rooms, one is a small board room meeting type place that is so pretty (holds 25), the other is a small banquet room that holds up to 80 people. The 2 rooms can open up into each other allowing for around 100 guests. The main uses for the rooms are business meetings from U of M clients such as Pharmaceuticals, and rehearsal dinners, small weddings, bridal/baby showers etc. He also owns another restaurant that is more of the steak pit type restaurant that also hosts events.
So I'm waiting to hear from Larry, the logistics guy, but I can hardly wait to walk into Wal-mart and quit! I'll still work at the church so that we can keep the free house!
In less than exciting news, my lappy is very very sick. I don't know its prognosis, but it sounds expensive. It has to do with the battery, I've asked the 2 computer doctors that I know and one of them is looking at it today. I can't live with out my computer and I can't afford a new one right now.
When it rains it pours right?
Thats what my mom has been telling me... as soon as I got one interview, I'd hear from a few others..... well this morning I received an e-mail from another Ann Arbor location that I had sent a resume too - letting my know that a 1 year intership is being posted next week and that I should look into that.... so I shall for sure do that! Yikes - it is exciting times in the life of B.L.E.
Pray for me, that I the right opportunity comes along and I choose it!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




ahhh, no more BLA. :D
ReplyDeletegreat stuff!
yea!
ReplyDelete