Sunday, April 25, 2010

www.2ndEverettFamilyVacation.com

I know I suggested it, but it was a fun weekend again! Not like I didn't expect it to suck - I knew it would be a blast!!

The weekend started for Nick Thursday night... Gavin and Tyler came over to help him play in a Magic Tournament that had he won, he would have won a ticket to Amsterdam to play in the pro tour. He still has a couple more opportunities to win, but it was a fun hanging out with those 3 boys. I was busy most of the night, packing, doing dishes, making them food etc. you know being a house wife. They ended up sleeping over which wasn't planned but they stayed up with him until 7am! So that way a great Thursday off for him, instead of sitting alone while I sleep!

Friday night after I worked from 12-7 on a day that I wasn't originally scheduled at all, I couldn't wait to get home and it was a great night. I love the nights when the 2 of us are both in a cuddly, adorable, can't get enough of each other night. All the time, we were together (sometimes we do separate things in the same room - which is ok sometimes, but not preferable-according to me). We watched 4 - 1hour episodes of my favourite show, plus an episode of Survivor - which I'm actually enjoying watching for the first time. Love it!

Saturday morning at 11:21 we were out the door on the way to Kalahari Resort in Sandusky, OH. We literally pulled into the parking lot at the same time as the rest of the Everett Family. Last year I was the girlfriend, this year I was the wife and lil' Randy brought Steph, his new girlfriend! I think she had a great time, I know we did! The weekend of fun began - we rode the slides, we raced on waterslides, we rode the waves on body boards we rode the waves in tubes, and we rode the waves free form, we rode the lazy river way too many times, we were pooped out bottom of the round spinny slide and we soaked in the hot tub with a cool drink!

We ate dinner at the Kahunaville Restaurant - same place as last year. It was yummy. We played at the waterpark after dinner until it closed at 10pm! We ate at Bob Evans for breakfast - aslo yummy... I think I may finally be ready to order my own sausage gravy biscuit breakfast thing. (It's an American dish that I have been to scared to order but I've tried it enough times, I think next time I'll get that). Then we went back to the water park and acted like kids one last time, mostly all hanging out in the wave pool and then sadly headed back to the turnpike going out separate ways.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds like a lot of fun!! I'll be 29 weeks on Thursday. I'm going to try to update my blog sometime today with a 28 week post :)...we'll see if I get around to it! Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures??? :D

    Glad it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete