Tuesday, April 27, 2010

www.everydayChoices.com

You know how when you get home from work, you don't want to do anything!!! You want to sit on the couch and do nothing. But alas, there are dishes to be done, laundry to be washed, hung to dry, folded, stuff to be put away, things to find, papers to file, bills to pay, surfaces to dust, dinner to cook. You know all that stuff that you don't want to do.

But we have to do it.

Every day we have to make choices.

I'm soo sick of doing all of these things already, and I am just getting started in life.

After Nick went to work last night, I wanted to do nothing but curl up under the blanket with my hot bean bags.... but I made the choice to do the laundry, the dishes etc. I got a lot done last night, but I left 2 things to do tonight, and it is 12:25 and I haven't done them yet...

Another thing I hate about choices, are the ones that involve other people. Here's the deal.... this coming week is the birthday week.... starting with my brothers on Saturday, mine on Monday, and Nicks on Thursday... this is where it gets heart. Now you might think I meant to type hard, but no I meant heart.

Saturday, we've been invited to a wedding. So have my parents. Nick has to work Saturday night so if he were to go, we'd have to leave Canada half way through the reception, and he would have to sleep most of the day away. Since my parents are also invited, my brother would be left home alone on his birthday - not cool!!! Sooo I'm taking my brother as my date instead of Nick. How sad!!! It hurts me.

For the last 3 years Nick has been a part of our birthday celebrations... 20 years just my brother and I have shared the birthday celebrations but 3 year ago that became the 3 of us celebrating together. Nick has become just as much a part of that celebration as my brother.

Since I'll be home the logicial thing would be to have a birthday dinner on Sunday - the day between mine and my brothers birthdays.... but.... what about Nick? Thats what my heart keeps saying.

Sunday, I'm gonna hang out with Carrie - it's going to be a girls day. Nick gets guy-days all the time so this is my going to be my opportunity!

But what about Nick? I don't want him to be left out, but this midnights thing is ruining it for him.

I am really excited about this being our first married birthday's together, but I'm already feeling bummed about it. The midnights are going to screw that up too, but Nick will be at work on the midnight of my birthday..... and then end of it.... He told me what he wants for his birthday, and I have told him what I want, non of which are exciting because there are going to be no surprises.... (except what Mel got me).

Our parents are giving us money which we are putting towards buying bikes, and bike supplies (ie. Helmets, Chains, Bike Rack for the car). So that's exciting.... I really hope that we use them lots!!! It'll be great exercise, but it will have to be after 7pm most nights, either before or after dinner.

I know this has been kind of depressing, but I'm feeling sad about the birthday celebration deal-i-o... and I needed to get it out.

So I have an idea, I'm gonna see what I can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment