Friday, April 2, 2010

www.GoodFriday.com

As if Jesus dying on the cross isn’t enough, I thought the Good Friday service needed some more excitement, or a visual of the blood stains or something because as the service was beginning, my nose started bleeding… I haven’t had a nose bleed in Years!! I can’t even remember the last time I had a nose bleed, I remember plenty of Mel’s nose bleeds, but none of my own… maybe 2 other times in my life, and one of those was provoked by a calendar being pulled out of wrapping paper to the nose (Thanks to Dana)! Also I would like to thank men everywhere who carry Hanky’s!!! As I’m holding my dripping nose with my left hand (from now on I’m going to use my right hand – my poor wedding ring…) anyways my other hand was digging around my purse for my Kleenexes which I know are in there, because I have started purposely carrying them for when I unplanned cries. So I leaned to Nick and told him I had a nose bleed, then over to Clare thinking she might find Kleenex first…. but as Nick played telephone, his mom told his dad who whipped out a hanky! Now I feel awful using a nice hanky for that purpose but I was so grateful he had one! To make matters worse I was wearing a shirt I have only worn 1 or 2 other times, and was really excited to wear it, with my favourite tank top underneath. I was also wearing my favourite jean skirt all of which are now stained and in the washer – I hope it doesn’t stain them for good!!!!

To make matters better, Nick was amazing – he jumped up and got me a roll of toilette paper (before his dad found the hanky) which he used to clean my hand for me with the hand sanitizer I keep in my purse. He was so gentle and caring. He held my hand and kept looking over at me to make sure I was ok. He was so worried. He said blood doesn’t scare him, but he doesn’t like it when its mine! So for the rest of the night I felt light headed and a bit woozy, but I milked it later at Eric’s house when there were chocolate bars for s’mors around the campfire. Oh did I mention it was like 85 degrees today?

Today I went shopping with Nick’s mom. I am in need of some new nice outfits for work since I no longer have to wear brown and blue, but instead am to wear business casual/professional clothes! So we went to Kohl’s since I knew they were having a sale! We also popped over to Target where she bought me a new dress as an Easter gift!

Woah – I just looked at the date and my birthday is a month from today – yikes… 24 years old – it just sounds scary! I am looking forward to 25 when my insurance rates will go down…

1 comment:

  1. nah! 24 is great. I already feel like I'm close to 25, so it's weird that most of my friends are still turning 24. :D It's the first time I feel way old. lol

    Keep having a great time with family!!

    ReplyDelete