First off - today is a beautiful day - I wore a sleeveless top and couldn't have been happier with my choice! And it's only going to get warmer!!! :o)
Today at 1:30pm I met with Carla, Lindsey and Sunshine ; 3 ladies who work at the Rec Center in Saline, MI. Carla is the Parks and Recreation Director, Sunshine is the Recreation Supervisor, Lindsey is the Facility Manager. The four of us met to discuss what my role can be as a volunteer there, who wants to gain as much experience as possible to eventually help land me my dream job planning events!! Twas an exciting 45 minutes. I'm not going to lie I was a bit nervous, despite the fact that I had already met with Carla once, and new I was "gonna get the job" but still, it was a bit nerve-wracking.
I hope my excitement for this new area, as well as my friendly personality excited them, as well as my desire to want to help them! They listed details and dates the next several big events that they are hosting, as well as what needs to be done, what can still be done, and we talked about brainstorming new and fresh ideas to add to their already existing events.
"What do I want to do?," they asked. Do I want to focus on advertising/marketing? Do I want to be hands on planning? Do I want to just help out the day of the events? I answered that I want to be a part of ALL of that!
So for now, I know the events and I'm going to start brainstorming in my spare time as to who we can enlist to contribute/sponsor, how we can get the word out, what new ideas I could bring to the shell of their events!
I will hear back next week about planning for the first event which is a spin off of the "Mom-to-Mom Sale", called the "Dad-to-Dad Sale". Have you ever heard of one of these? I have not, but know the concept! The concept is - Moms selling mom things (car seats, gently used baby clothes, high chairs etc.) to other moms needing those items! So this is the first year that they are hosting a "Dad-to-Dad Sale" - similar concept except its not limited to just Dad stuff... its more a Man-to-Man Sale.... did he just upgrade his cordless drill and could sell his old one? Does he have an old Snowboard that ne never uses anymore? What about a ladder, did he just buy a bigger one? - you get the idea right! Cool plan I think! Now we just have to get the word out - but we only have about 2 weeks to do it!
As a side note - I'm totally excited to go to Ohio for Easter - we leave tomorrow... come back Saturday, and Sunday I'm going to Canada for the day!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment