Thursday, March 18, 2010

www.I'mSoHappy.com

Firstly:
So Tomorrow marks 1 week that we have been here! I have worked 2 shifts so far, my 3rd tomorrow. The work has been interesting, slower than I was used to - a bit more challenging - yet as soon as I get the hang of everything I'll fly with colours. I'm not exhausted when I get home from work, but my favourite part so far is that when I get home at 7:07pm (instead of 9:30) and Nick doesn't leave until 10:50 so we have 3.5ish hours instead of 30 mins. I really feel like we have time to do things together, we can go to the store together, we can make dinner, we could go to dinner. We can 3 or 4 things together EVERY NIGHT! Its unlike anything we've really gotten to experience since we got married.

Tonight we hung out at home, we went to Wal-mart, we made dinner, we watched TV/played computer games/blogged and all that before 11 - since he doesn't actually work tonight we rented a movie from Red Box (Old Dogs).

Secondly:
This morning before work I drove to the Recreational Center in Saline, MI (about 10 mins from our home) and met with Carla - the lady who runs the place. She reminded me of Laura Gouldens mom - so I can't wait to work with her! Anyways I met with her to get started on volunteering there planning events! She gave me a tour of the place and there is a lot of really cool stuff there. I have a desire to start swimming laps daily! So excited about that - I'll keep you updated on what goes on there!

Thirdly:
Our apartment is unpacked, set up and I'm starting to know where things are. I love how clean our shower is and how I'm not grossed out to be in it. I love our green and brown rug and curtains - despite the crookedness of the bottom of one of the curtains.

Fourthly:
Location - I love how close we are to everything!!!

Fifthly:
Nick is playing in a huge Frisbee tournament Saturday in Ann Arbor and we were discussing what I was going to do Saturday... then I got a phone call from Jennie - she wants me to babysit Brooklyn while she gets some good solid Hailey time!! I'm sooo excited!!!

Um anyways that is all for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment