Wow, I can’t believe we are here! We already love it!!! The area is perfect – our apartment is looking quite adorable! Without the help of so many people we’d still be in boxes. Nicks parents, my brother and my 2 aunts came to help us move! It took 11 car/truck/van loads equaling 6 trips (so far) to get it all here…. We still have a little bit left at the house and we still have to clean it.
I write this as my Nick is asleep in the bedroom – but all the other rooms are unpacked looking amazing! We still have stuff in the living room that I need to unpack into the bedroom but not until he wakes up.
I always felt like the apartment experience is one that every new marrid couple should have, it is interesting because we can hear the people above us walking around… we can’t hear them talking or anything, but we can hear them. We have a bottom floor apartment so we don’t have to worry about not stomping on the ground which is good since Nick does a lot of working out!
I stupidly only ordered one curtain so I’m waiting on the 2nd one to come in, and I’m waiting to have the curtain officially put up instead of just resting on the drapes! We did wash a blanket to test if our (free) washer worked – I think it did…. Not entirely sure because it still smells really soapy, doesn’t feel soapy.
Friday Night, Michael, Gavin, Chris, Tyler, Nick and I all worked on unloading some and painting the bedroom! There was a huge accident on Hwy 23 so they closed it which caused a lot of traffic on the road we live off of, and it also caused Tyler to take a 15min trip turn into almost and hour and a half!!!! Anyways, Nick & Michael went to meet Gavin and Chris at the house to pick up a 2nd load and I waited for Tyler. We got started on taping up the room and painting and picked up the pizza! The trip to get the food was the most fun! I couldn’t believe all the things that were on the same road as the pizza hut!! Everything you could imagine! (Target/Kroger/Red Robin/the Movie Theater x20, and so much more than I can even remember)
After we were done painting, the boys stayed behind and played cards in our living room and Michael and I went home… Nick eventually came home. When I got up in the morning Nick helped me load the van and I drove to the apt by myself to meet Bessie/Kathy & the MomE/DadE! Once we got the desk that they brought set up, we headed back to the house for the 1st of 2 similar loads and the boys. It was a long day and we were tired. Bessie and Kathy stayed behind to unpack/get things set up/homey!
They made 2 trips to the Wal-Mart for food, curtains, and a bathroom over-the-toilett-shelf,dish detergent etc. We got bad news that our Direct TV Dish wasn’t going to be possible because we are on the wrong side of the building. Our internet was supposed to be set up, but when I finally found the missing cord, it didn’t work. So I called about all this Monday morning and Tuesday morning there are supposed to be someone coming to hook up our internet/phone and cable. I wasn’t sure about whether to get a landline but it was $10 cheaper to add the phone, and it comes with unlimited long distance in Canada and the USA. If you want our new number ask me! (I tried to e-mail it to everyone too)
Needless to say – we’re here, our stuff is here, we work so close, the water pressure is good & soft, there are only spiders (but I think they're just out because of all the comotion) as soon as we get our pictures up, a second curtain and the plants in the house; we’ll be home! Come visit us soon!
PS. If you ever want to come visit us, if you're coming from hwy-23 or the direction of Canada you have your own turning lane into the apartment community. Take the first right and we are in the middle of the green building on the left. Don't park under the canopy - because we didn't pay for one of those spots!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




exciting! happy for you. :)
ReplyDelete