Now being that I'm 23 and the subjects of my chaperone experience are 22, and one is related to me, it doesn't seem much like chaperoning. It really wasn't, but characteristics of this weekend made for at least a nomination.
It began early Saturday morning as Sarah arrived here at our house... we did a driveway juggle to arrange our cars so Nick could still get out of the driveway and we were off - towards Canada. It was her first time in my beloved country. She is a friend of my brothers.
My parents had left early Friday morning for their second cruise to the South Caribbean - spending a couple days in Puerto Rico before boarding their ship tonight. I am wishing them a fantastic time (again)! So the three of us we home (my Nick had to work). I was promised chocolate cake for leaving him and bringing her home.
Upon arriving in C-town, we got ourselves situated, her in the guest room - where I usually sleep, and me, upstairs in my parents room. Alas the reason I feel like a chaperone. I slept upstairs like I was the high and mighty parents! I loved having all that space to myself! It was an oasis.
We left quickly after that to go for lunch to the Canadian Subway of Burgers: Harvey's, then went to Gospel Text! Then we went to Bulkbarn! My favourite candy belongs to Easter! I'd pick Easter candy over Christmas and Valentines day any day! I bought 4 of my favourite Easter candies in bulk!!! We rushed home after that to decorate the chocolate cake, and then drive out to my uncles home for the last time - for my Grandpa's 87th birthday! We we also celebrating another "old man's 60th birthday" Happy Birthday uncle Steve! Anyhoo it was a melancholy day because we were celebrating with them as they are moving to a new home, in Chatham!! But we have a ton of memories in that house! It was a great house for a hunting family!! There was a weird moment of silence, when Uncle Steve said "it's weird to think this is the last time....." We all just looked around - taking in the moment! We were there from 3-8 or 9 (I can't remember). It was entertaining, as usual - and Sarah got the opportunity to shoot Michael's gun!
After the party, I had Michael and Sarah drop me off at Bessie's so I could spend a bit of time with her! We talked about this coming weekend. Twas fun! The exhaustion was setting in, and I wanted to get home in time to call my Nick before he went to work and I also wanted to take a bath! So upstairs I went, enjoyed a jacuzzi bath... cam down and watched about 15 minutes of the scary movie they were watching. I wore my daddies slippers, I slept with the heating bad that I found in their room. I said goodnight to them when the movie was almost over and went upstairs to bed. Snuggled with my Scooter!
In the morning Michael made breakfast for them, I didn't want any - but it looked good! We went to church together and all sat up front with Bessie. The Moody Bible Symphonic Orchestra took over our service and it was fantastic!! They allowed us to sing 1 song with a fantastic live orchestra - that was cool!! Then they did a dramatic Crucifixion thing - it was amazing.
Michael made a sandwich that he dreamed up - and it was really good. He took pictures. We made sure Sarah had a good Canadian experience. She got to see Milk in a bag, we went to Tim Hortons, she ate a Harvey's burger, bought far to much Candy at Bulkbarn, she heard Scotty my cousin say "Eh?" 5 times in one short discussion.
As we crossed the border back into the USA - the guy was checking the trunk like they often do, you have to turn off your car, hand them the keys and pop the trunk... well he was back there looking at my easter candy in my suitcase trying to figure out what it was when my car started!! Then my doors locked!! When he came back to my window I asked him if he knew that he had started my car? If he had locked my doors on purpose? He didn't even realize that he had pushed the bottons on my keys- it was funny!
I loved being back with Nick - still wished he didn't have to leave for work. I found out Brennan ended up in the hospital - so he needs prayer, and watched the Oscars!
I'm going to go to sleep shortly because I'm exhausted and the rest of the week is going to be long and hard and exciting which all equals EXHAUSTED!! So I'm going to catch up tonight. As much as one can catch up after finishing the blog post at 1am!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment