After living in our apartment for 15 days my parents finally came to see how & where we were living. They arrived Saturday about 1o'clock and we're dropped off by my brother so they were my prisoners for the weekend!
Before they arrived, Thursday night we received a message from Ross (Nicks best (guy) friend - which he clarifies because I am his BF) that resulted in him coming to our house for the weekend too! He was going to be alone for 5 days and so we invited him, told him we'd treat him well!
Ross arrived at 12noon on Friday and Nick was very happy! We went to Sam's and bought food, got some movies from the red box at Wal-mart and settled in to party!
Check out that Onion Ring Tower!
After a tour of our new home, which my parents liked - we headed out to lunch at Red Robin! We took them down Carpenter Road - which has sooo many wonderful places/stores on it! I was soo excited to show them the area we live in now! We didn't have to go too far down the road to get to the restaurant but they got the idea - that road has everything! 

Ross Moster'd his burger!

After lunch we dropped the boys off at the apartment and Dad, Mom and I took a driving tour of Saline, MI and then drove to Ikea! Impressively the only thing we bought was the one thing we went for which was for someone else! After Ikea I took them to Sam's to show them where I worked and we picked up dinner - 2 roasted chickens! Walking in the door to our apartment, we were greeted by the smell of 3 boys - Adam had shown up! We relaxed the rest of the evening the 6 of us in our little apartment! Food was good, TV was interesting. Sadly Nick had to go to work eventually and shortly after Adam left, then my parents went to bed.... I, who was sick, decided a hot shower to heal my lungs and nasal passage but it didn't fix it....
We didn't have plans for the morning, but after a lot of bed hopping (Nick got home and slept on the chair, then the floor, I was on the floor in the bedroom and then after my parents got up, Nick and I took over the bed) my parents went to Ann Arbor in search of breakfast and shopping! Mom, Dad and I re-arranged a few more things in the kitchen area, put things away, and clean out the space for the Dryer!!!
Michael came back to pick them up, and they eventually left, I hate to see them go... they drove 15 mins to Cabella's to eat food and then home... Ross is still here... sleeping over again for just a few more hours with his Nick! They are really good friends - I like to see that! I love Ross's spontaneity!
Overall this weekend, we - mostly the boys - ate way too much food! But it was fun! I loved the relaxing, go-with-the-flow weekend with my parents!
And now its back to the grind, which I can't really complain about because I only have to work 2 days, and then we Thursday we are going to Ohio for Easter.... (Nick hasn't been home since Christmas). Sunday I think I'm going to drive (just me...) to Canada to that kind of Easter too!
P.S. Nick and I possibly considering finally adopting a kitty!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment