You know when you're sick and all you want is for someone to take pity on you and hold you, and dote on you. Well I haven't been sick at all since we got married - a great feat I know - 10 months! I always said that I only get sick when Nick goes away.....well this weekend I came down with a cold.... not a really really nasty one, but one that still made me miserable.... I put on the face though that said - I'm not that sick, please come invade my home! Cuz thats what I really wanted and would have done anything to keep the plan!! But a tiny part of me wanted to spend the weekend in my PJ's doing nothing but laying on the couch, drinking tea, reading books or watching TV, being held by my husband, and feeling pampered cuz I was sick. Chris and Katie got sick at the same time and I was actually jealous because I love what a baby a sick loved one can turn into, and how needy they become!
Alas, my parents came - and it was wonderful. I'm soo glad that they did. Ross came and I'm soo glad that he did! But, tonight as I'm feeling a little bit better, I was hoping to get some of that "being babied" in.... but I didn't. Bummer. So here I sit, alone on my floor, wishing Nick didn't have to be at work so he would have the time to hold me!
PS. see post below about the weekend...
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment