Thursday, March 11, 2010

www.OhWhatAGloriousDay.com

Set up internet.
Hook up electricity & gas.
Pack bedroom.
Order DirectTV Moving Special.
Pack up bathroom.
Eat as much food as possible from fridge.
Organize who is coming when.
Provide food and drinks for our moving volunteers.
Remember to bring toilette paper in first load.
Bring and keep tools.
Bring CD player for painting entertainment.
Change addresses on all mail & car insurance.
Return Mailbox keys.

.... All this and more has been going through my head the last week. I just walked to the post office for the last time because it is such a beautiful day today! As were the last couple days! Tuesday, my day off, Nick and I had a great day together! After he woke me up in the morning, we got a couple things done, and although we are trying to eat whatever is in the fridge we wanted something different. So we went to the grocery store for the last time - we bought burgers, we bought hot dogs and we bought buns. Then we came home and grilled!!! The weather was soo great! I even went outside and sat on the porch to eat my hot dog because the weather made it necessary!!

Tonight when I get home from work, we will pack up my car (and maybe Nicks), and do any last minute packing we can pull off - then I have to go to work tomorrow til 3pm and I'm meeting Nick at our new apartment at 4pm to get the keys!! The rest of the plan is as follows:

Michael meets us there with a washer...
Nick drives back to our house, meets Gavin there - they bring 2 more loads.
Michael and I go food shopping and get ready to paint (put up tape).
I put Sticky notes all over the apartment/cupboards as to where I want things to go.
Gavin, Michael, Nick and I paint the bedroom.
Then we come back to the house.
Nick sleeps in (trying to keep him on his work sleep schedule)
I go to the Apt in the morning - meet Bessie/Kathy, and Everetts there!!!
Give the Austin's unpacking -making "home" directions.
Come back to house with Everetts and pack another load.

I hope it doesn't take too many loads because we would love to have time to visit/get comfortable in our new home!

Thank You in advance to all who are helping us out!!

1 comment:

  1. it's SO close! YAY!!!

    Maybe I could come up Monday...do you work?

    And thanks for loving my photo memory post. I'm glad you're not tired of "us" yet. :D

    ReplyDelete