Saturday, April 10, 2010

www.messed-upWeekend.com

With no plans for the weekend, I had no expectations!! Since I had no plans, when Jennie called me Friday night, I ended up at the hospital. A trip to the emergency room to visit a sweet little 3 almost 4 year old girl who fell off a chair and broke her arm in 2 bones. She did great and she was adorable!! However I can't imagine any parent sitting beside their child whose is laying in a hospital bed, hooked up to an IV, not having heart pains. Hailey "watched" 3 movies, and coloured 2 pictures... one with the help of yours truly and the other with the help of Jennie. However since one arm was severely crooked and the was hooked up to an IV, she never touched a marker/pencil crayon or highlighter. She would simply pick the colour, if there were options we'd hold them up to her face and she used her nose to choose the shade, and then she would say what to colour on the picture. I think the picture turned out great!!! I'm pretty sure Hailey loved having all the attention!!! Maybe that was her plan all along - break arm - get more attention!! Anyhoo after Hailey was put under so they could straighten the bone - I took Brooklyn and kept her for myself the rest of the night - well until 1:30am! Since it was time to feed Brooklyn shortly after Hailey was dispatched we went to visit the boys in another wing of the hospital to kill time until the feeding!
Landon (above) - Brennan (below)Upon returning home my Nick and I watched Thurday's episode of Gils and then I fell asleep on the couch. I'm starting to yearn for the day when he no longer works midnights. I don't like them!

So that brings us to today. We had a toilette backed-up situation, carrying over from yesterday - which rued the day.... we had both tried plunging and nothing was fixing the problem so I made the embarrassing call to maintenance to have them come fix the problem.... felt so bad that the dude had to come on his day off. We don't even know anyone else in the area to call...Anyways the dude was 2 hours later than we expected him to show up and so Nick made a trip to Wal-mart, instead of me, to buy corn starch to thicken my broccoli soup which was refusing to thicken despite my valiant efforts.... and to USE their facilities...
The corn starch worked!! I have never had any problems thickening my home made delicious soup, however I used vegetable stock instead of chicken stock, for my boss who is a vegetarian... and apparently that must have had something to do with it. I had made it on Wednesday night as per my boss's request and Nicks... even though we had just finished a batch of soup the week before. A year ago, he wouldn't even TRY my soup, and now he's begging for it and requesting how it is served!! So for dinner I set our little table, with a green table cloth, put 2 spoons on it, 2 cups of water, 2 candles and 1 bread bowl of thick, delicious, home-made broccoli soup!

After dinner and Friday's episode of Gils, we took a nap together on the couch..... we actually snuggled, and cuddled and we loved it! I felt like I still didn't get enough time with him, my day is half over by the time he wakes up and gets going - midnights are soo hard. The exciting part is that this is the first NAP Nick has taken in months!! Naps are wonderful!! They are even better together. We are looking forward to tomorrow, since I don't work again, we'll have more time. Yea!

Thursday night, Nick went into Ann Arbor to play Magic (which he won!) with Tyler and so I scrapbooked when I got off work!! Then Nick called me at about 11:00 asking me if I wanted to drive in and meet them for Papa John's pizza - so I went! It was a fun night hanging out with friends, even if they were Nicks friends; Tlyer and Ali (his girlfriend).
(PS. I added a few pictures to the Easter post below)

3 comments:

  1. yay naps together! and that soup and bread bowl looks amazing!

    ps...you probably meant your "day" is half over when he gets up...not your "dad" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol my dad is half over haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Friends,
    I changed the mistake!
    Thanks for thinking my bread bowl looks good! It was!!

    ReplyDelete