Monday, April 12, 2010

www.newness.com

Ok so what do you do when there is some place you are supposed to be, want to be, together, weekly, in the morning, when one of you works midnights? When one of you usually sleeps between 7:15am-3pm....? It's really hard to switch your schedule for just one day, specifically when you work the night before and the night of. It would be more do-able if one or both of those nights he didn't have to work.

So instead of complaining, I have just gone with the philosophy that it won't be like this forever.... but it is most likely still going to be like this for a while... so I don't know what to do. But I just did it. I got up by myself and went to a new church that I new very little about, only what the website told me. I didn't know anyone there, and I was hoping that there were more people than there were so I wouldn't stick out - but there were only about 50 people there... I liked it, I met several people including the pastor and his wife, Peter and Heidi, and the youth pastor and his wife, Marcus and Stacy. Marcus and Stacy are our age, he reminded me of Chris Thomas, and Stacy reminded me of Shari Emhoff... anyhoo I liked them. They are living in UofM's grad housing right now because Stacy is going to school there, but have to move in the summer so I suggested they move into our apartment community and we split the Resident Re feral bonus - she suggested we have a party!

But here is my dilemma - do I go back next week to the same church? Do I try out a few more in the area (I think I have 3 more on my possibility list)? And what do I do about the going alone thing....? I can go and get to know people, get involved and then join Nick and I to a small group - that way he is at least involved.... I haven't found any churches that have services on Saturday evening, or any evening for that matter... what do other graveyard shift people do? I have never liked going to church by myself, I like having someone I know standing beside me....

I pulled up my old pastor's church's website and Nick and I watched their service - which I love and would love to go to his church, but its in London, ON and also in the morning.... sooo that works, but we don't get the fellowship, and we need friends!!

Help!! Ideas???

1 comment:

  1. that is quite a predicament, and I would feel the same way. I'm super proud of you for going by yourself, though--very brave! and for having such a great attitude about it. I'm not sure what advice to offer you. Maybe, since you seemed to connect with a few people pretty well at that church, go back a couple weeks and then try a different one so you don't get confused about all the churches. :) Kind of like houseshopping. lol

    And about Wednesday, you guys are welcome to come to our place to visit. I'll fix dinner for everyone--any requests from you or Nick?

    ReplyDelete