Monday, July 22, 2013

updated: www.aDateNjuly.com

Today Dutchess Kate is in labour!!! and while it's exciting to watch 3 British guards sweat in 90 degree weather, and stare at double doors for hours, life does go on!

Friday night, Nick and I went on one of the funnest dates we've ever gone on. It was a classic. We went to the Drive-In Movies! There is one about 30 minutes from where we live which was quite easy to get to and cheap enough that we'll likely go again! For $8/person we can see up to 3 or 4 movies on the big screen from the comfort of our car, with blankets and pillows and snacks and no one yelling at us if we want to talk through the movie!
 The website said the place opened at 7, and we got there just minutes after 7, and already the place was pretty packed but we got a great parking spot! 2nd row from the front - right in the middle! However, I had no idea that we would sit there for 2.5 hours waiting for dark for the movies to start! We shared a Hot n Ready pizza, snacks, drinks, and conversation.
 We watched Despicable Me 2, and R.I.P.D. Two movies I didn't even care to watch, but the experience made it so fun! We left as the third movie which was supposed to be Man of Steel started, but it was Pacific Rim. We didn't want to stay up any later than it already was for a movie we really didn't want to see!
Saturday Morning, I got up and went to that choir practice for 9am. That was early, after the late night we had! Yikes. Came home and took a nap!

Sunday I worked on the Pinata's for the Choir Fiesta... they're aren't done yet, but I have the form done on the kid one except the top, which I'm not going to worry about until I fill it with the candy, and on the other one, I just need to get one more box to make the ball of the second note. I started decorating the kid one and have maybe a 3rd of it done (don't have pictures of the most recent progress yet....)
While I worked on it, I skyped with Carrie, Karen, Melissa, and Jaspreet!  I also chatted with my mom a bit, as she is about to fly out to Mexico for a Missions Trip!! Right now she's probably boarding the plane!

added 7/23/13 - forms finished just decorating left!

Sunday 7-28-13 Nick wanted to write his paper in the church Library/Study.... it's a wonderful room - 3 storys, fire place, spiral bookcase etc. So I took my pinata's and all the stuff to go with them, and worked on them from 3:30pm-9:13pm! I got them done and left them there in time for next Sunday's Choir Fiesta party!!!!





Most likely 40+ hours and these suckers are done!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! I waited for the Royal baby with anticipation too! I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete