For one of Nick's classes he's been required to do some sort of fast - I think related to Media of some sort. I know some are just fasting from Facebook, but he has decided to fast from all Media.
I am loving it, because I feel that we watch to much TV as it is. Now his fasting means I'm sort of fasting too. I'm not good with silence though, so putting on a Gaither DVD or Les Mis isn't considered media.
Last night Nick and I sat on the floor and played a card game that I played my last 2 years of high school and then was reminded up last week when I was at home in Canada. It's called President or Janitor, or Bum, or many other names I don't like to repeat - or what we affectionately called it: Skid (which in high school in Chatham was the coined term for Smoker Kid but used far more than just for smokers.....). For 2 hours last night after doing the Coffee Bar shopping and eating my first Free CFA meal, we laid on the floor and each played 2 hands. It got confusing after a bit to remember which hand was president or vice pres or janitor etc. so I got out a Toonie, a Loonie, a Nickle and a Penny to place in front of each hand so we could remember.
All of Tuesday he was out of the house, but the situation allowed for him to play real board games with other people instead on online games.
Monday night, he read for a while and then was bored so he went to sleep really early.
So far though, we've found ways to be more interactive with each other and others. It's been good!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment