In all my 20+ years I have been a card carrying member at 5 Libraries; the Chatham Public, the Spring Arbor University, the Ann Arbor District, the Denver Seminary Library and now as of Wednesday night, the Littleton Public Library!
I can't believe we've lived here a year and a half and just now signed up for a card! Nick has made fun of me for re-reading books because I say I can't afford new ones, what was I thinking?! The are free books to read at the Library! It's ok - the books I was re-reading are my favourite and I LOVE re-reading them!
It was a spur of the moment decision in which I decided to go whilst in the shower at 8:30pm. I quickly got out, hopped online, checked their hours and booked it out the door- hair still soaking wet! I got there about 8:45, asked how long it would take to sign up, she said only a couple minutes. I was a card carrying member with my first book checked out and out the door by 8:57pm. I always hated when people would come in late and be the reason you had to stay past closing time! Luckily I knew exactly what book I wanted so I searched for it, had to go to the 2nd level, quickly checked myself out and was on my way home!
Nick and I used the Ann Arbor Library soooo much when we lived there, that I'm looking forward to having that as a place to go together again! The reason we haven't gotten a card yet is because Nick is in school now and has so much required reading for school that he doesn't want to do a lot of reading in his spare time. We loved the Ann Arbor Library for the Music CD's though so that'll be cool to start checking those out again!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment