Friday, July 19, 2013

www.RockyMountainMassPraiseChoir.com

So I got an e-mail yesterday about a concert called the Rocky Mountain Mass Praise Choir.... and our choir was invited to join in. There'll bee 350+ish people singing in the choir plus orchestra and it's all Hymn Medleys! 

I signed up!

The e-mail said:  "What a sound . . . and what an experience returning the gift back to the Giver.  Now imagine 2 or 3,000 audience voices blending with ours.  It's an unbelievable experience.
 
Click on this blue link http://youtu.be/Vo1UZi7FnEA  to get a preview of what "Hymns and Gospel Sing" – a Nostalgic Evening with Jerry Nelson, looks and feels like: 
•           Audience sing-alongs with lyrics over captivating video!
•           Piano 'Improv' on Audience requests (people can't get enough of this).
•           Nostalgic medleys blending piano and singing, using gospel songs like  Amazing Grace,  Because He Lives, I Know Who Holds Tomorrow."  Lots of  'goosebump' songs. 
•           Stirring Piano / Choir Arrangements of rock solid hymns like A Mighty Fortress, It Is Well, How Great Thou Art, My Jesus I Love Thee - and these medley's:
All Hail the Power & I Exalt Thee
Through It All, Soon and Very Soon, Because He Lives & What A Day That Will Be
Great is the Faithfulness & He Giveth More Grace
Country Church =  Power in the Blood, Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
He Leads us Along Medley = God Leads Us Along, Lead on Oh King Eternal
We Will See Jesus Medley = Until Then, It will be Worth it All, When We All Get to Heaven, I Bowed on My Knees,What a Day That Will Be
•           Also weaving in some Fascinating Stories of Hymn Origins
•           Bring the Kids or Grandkids.  They would enjoy "I'll Fly Away" played upside-down, or "Jesus Loves Me" in seven round-the-world variations.

I can only go to 1 of the 2 practices, but I can go to the performance so hopefully they'll be ok with me not being at the practice the day before - we have our 2nd wedding at the church that day and it's the only morning one, of course when the practice is (9am-12pm)!

No comments:

Post a Comment