Friday, July 12, 2013

www.ChickenNsteak.com

Considering it WAS move-in day,
I think it's impressive that they cooked Steak for dinner!
I'm starting with the Steak, because that's the part I was involved in.  Mariah invited me over to help her finish putting her room together. We had steak for dinner at 9pm!

When I got there, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. It was my first time at their new (Dan's) house. I didn't know if Rebecca and Dan would even be there (they were). I didn't know when they started merging the 2 homes (today). So I got there and her room had already been painted...
Check out the cool pattern she painted on the wall!
...and a bookshelf was in place, but her bed was being put together when I got there. Her clothes were in the closet, other than that everything was in boxes or piles on the floor.
 
  We put her bed together first, and then started finding places for her stuff to go. Her new room has less space and storage than her old room so that was "fun?"

These wax hands are molds of Mariah's had from a trip she took many years ago. Sadly they got damaged in the move. So I took a bunch of pictures of them and then edited the broken part to not look so broken. That way she'll have the memory of them in pictures. It was hard for her, but she new it would be sad to look at them broken, so I did the dirty deed of throwing them out.
 We found an old hard pencil box full of earrings and she said it was too hard to find a pair to wear all tangled together, so I suggest she hook them on her mirror. She LOVED the idea!

OK on to Chicken:

Nick and his friend Tyler went and camped out at a Chick-fil-A for their Grand Opening in Arvada, CO which is about 30 North of where we live. (News article)
 
They had to be there between 5:30-6am on the day before opening day (in this case Wednesday am). Then they gave everyone a  raffle ticket and drew the First 100   people who were going to be allowed/required to camp out for 24 hours and would receive Chick-fil-A for a Year - which works out to be 52 Meal Deals.    (for more information if you want to do the same thing: First 100 Rules)
Nick's ticket was drawn last making him the 10th alternate, meaning 10 people would have to drop out for him to get CFA for a Year, but Tyler's number got called 76th and they had decided ahead of time that if only one of them got called they were going to split the 52 meals.


They played board games with strangers in line, and each made new friends. They were fed 3 CFA meals, as well as an ice cream treat at 10pm and all the iced tea and water they could drink!
They each got free t-shirts, cups, mini plush cows and Nick ended up with 11 more meals so he and Tyler each ended up with 31 and 32 free meals.
These pictures are just from of the website, not from their actual experience, but aren't you glad it was one of the the lowest temperatures this summer but not this low:



Last night Nick and I went to Chick-fil-A for dinner, just for me because he had already had so much the day before it was only fair!

Today is Cow Appreciation Day, so if you dress like a COW and go to ANY Chick-fil-A you'll get free food! Guess where Nick and Tyler are going today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment