Remember that question from the night hanging with Clare and her bridesmaids before her wedding?
"Would you rather live forever as a 13 year old or a 65 year old?"
My answer was 65 - because you would remember all of things that happened, have pictures, have memories, be in the know etc. Also you could be retired and have all the time in the world to do the things, and spend time with the people you actually love. As at 13 year old, you'd be waiting for things to happen - first boy friend, engagement, wedding, marriage, kids, not knowing if you will get fat or be skinny etc.....
All that to say this month while waiting for Nick to come home, which is what I am doing: WAITING, I have planned random fun things to do to keep my mind focused on things closer than just his return!!
Today was one of those events! Jennie and I, since like November - have been planning to have a Scrapbook Party!!! Well after mailing out invitations to 16 people of each of our friends, 2 of Jennie's friends showed up today at our house - only one of them actually scrapbooking - the other just relaxing away from the kids!!! LOL. However we had fun! I finished 5 pages of Sophomore year of college in my college scrapbook! We made Piggies-in-a-Blanket for dinner/snack and I made hot chocolate for all!
Throughout Nicks 3 weeks away from me, I am filling it with quality phone time with his mom and hopefully a few calls to his dad! Up next is a quick trip home to knock off a bunch of wedding things off the "To Do" list - then a trip half-way home to pick out flowers for the wedding - after that it will be one long week of waiting for Saturday. Which I'm scheduled to work until 1:30 - and then I'm hoping to drive to visit a friend who lives near the airport ish to visit for the afternoon - if she's not busy?? Then at 10:45pm when at last his face I shall see, his arms, he shall he wrap around me, his smile shall greet my heart..... sigh.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment