......and did didn't happen quite the way I expected.
Yesterday morning I woke up and thought to myself: self - you did it! - You made to today. I really wasn't sure sometimes if I would make it. I had to work all morning but then had the afternoon off (kindof by accident - but I decided I wanted it off - to relax for once). So I napped, watched some House and got 2 phone calls from my Nick who was in Texas on a layover!!!!!
Then last night when I went to pick up Nick at the airport - he asked me to bring him a coat - since he's been in 80 degree weather for the last 3 weeks..... well I was on my way - about 15 mins in - with lots of time to spare (I wanted a reason not to speed) when I realized I forgot the coat. So I turned around, went back and got it --- so already this has added 30 mins to the trip extra. If thats not enough - when I decided to reverse down the driveway instead of pulling in to my parking spot and 3 point turning to drive straight down the driveway - I got stuck in the snow!!!!!!!! another 20 mins to get me out of the snow, including Jennie and Nick (who was in the shower) coming out to save me (THANKS A MILLION GUYS)- at this point I'm almost in tears....however I got to the airport and stood at the baggage claim for about 4 mins before I finally got to run into his arms - which we literally did. (don't laugh!)
The ride home flew as we talked and enjoyed being beside one another again! He was kind of out of it, after getting up early and traveling all day - which is exhausting..... We got home (to Albion) and snuggled and talked for a while before going to sleep!
Today on my trusty "To Do" list - was enjoy having Nick home. Which I did. We made lunch together, did his laundry, watched the new episodes of Scrubs/House together (while I was holding on to him - like he was never going to leave me again). I even took a 4 minute shower instead of my favourite 20 minute long - just so I could spend more time with him. He drew on my face with one of Hailey's WASHABLE pink markers..... the only picture I have is on my cell fone and not to come off- so if you want to see it - ask me!
We went to Meijer at 5:30ish to buy him some healthy snacks for the week - since he's used to yummy fruit from Costa Rica. We also bought a 2 litre of A&W Cream Soda - to replace the one, the 2 of us practically downed! Apparently when Hailey woke up from her nap she immediatly asked for Nick and where he was??? Soooo bummed that we left before she got to see him. (I had told her last night that she would get to see him today - woops!)
Then I had to drop him off at SAU - so he could see his boys.... (I hope he doesn't get thrown in the lake tonight - but he probably will sometime this week...) It was hard I didn't want to give him up after I had just gotten him back. He asked if I was going to be ok and I said "no" - he said "are you sure?" I said "yes" so he got back in the car and sat with me for a few more minutes. I'm pathetic. I work all day tomorrow - til 9pm and at 9 the next morning, but he still wants to come over tomorrow night. He really did miss me. When I got back to the Pollak house hold - Hailey was asking me where Nick was, - pretty much broke my heart!
Then I was looking over some of my forms and realized I had a similar-but-wrong one printed out and I felt soooo bad that I was going to cause people more work! BIG TIME BUMMER! So I thought things were going to get better once Nick got home, but I did get to call him and tell him immediatly my latest life problem and let him comfort me a bit.
I love him lots and lots and am soooo glad he's back in my country - I think I shall marry him - as soon as possible!!!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




Did you show Nick the video of Hailey saying hi!?? She really missed him too!
ReplyDelete