Wednesday, January 21, 2009

www.countdown.com

When am I not counting down to something? Before I had a wedding to count down to, I counted down to Christmas; the day I started College; the day I finished college; the day I left of Switzerland; or France or British Columbia or as simply as to the next weekends exciting plans.....or the hours until I see Nick again!!!!
  • 1 more day until I go see Wedding Wars with Jennie - seriously excited about that!!
  • 3 days until Nick is back in my arms!! (I seriously can hardly wait!!)
  • 8 days until Spring Semester starts.....
  • 24 days until our 3rd Valentines Day together!!! (I wonder what we shall do..? Ideas??)
  • 25 days til I see my parents again!
  • 1 month until we cash in on Nicks Christmas present and go see the Cav's play the Pistons (who aren't doing so well :<) in Cleveland
  • 52 days until my first Wedding shower!!!
  • 3 months and 2 days until our wedding!! (When Nick is back - it'll be less than 3 months!! AHHHH soo exciting)

My whole life I have been looking forward to the next big event or stage in my life, once I hit college - I realized that that was where it was at! That was the ultimate stage of life and I tried desperately to enjoy every moment of it!! I probably could have pushed myself to get even better grades than I did - however I also wanted to enjoy the time, spend it with friends, do exciting things, try new things, be a part of ministries and groups, get my parents money's worth!!!

The stage of my life right now the "I'm just a little bit stuck in the middle" part - is not so much fun - but a challenge worth winning to get to the next stage - the one that I share with the man I love!! The rest of my life - I like to call it.

We don't plan on having kids right away, we want to enjoy each other first, save up enough money so we can spoil our children the way our parents have and are spoiling us! So I guess that is the first stage of the rest of my life.... So excited - can't wait.

I'm sure it will be hard - however we've made it this far - and this hasn't been easy either! God will provide, it's His idea that we're together - I didn't orchestrate this - if you know our story at all - I tired to break us up..... before we were even dating.

As wonderful as counting down is, I've been reminded to live in the moment - live each day! I'll only have one January 20th, 2009 - what will I do with it? More importantly "What will I do with it - for Jesus?" What if someone I meet today doesn't get to see January 21st, 2009?

2 comments:

  1. Great insight brittney, it is true, enjoy each day, cuz it could even be your last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete