This is going to be a good year! With my plans up in the air for all plans for bringing in the new year, I wasn't sure if I was going to be in Canada with family/friends, Ohio w/Nick, Albion w/the Pollaks, Spring Arbor w/college friends or Monroe w/Nick. I ended up at some point in the evening at 3 of the 5!

This is at Angie's apartment - with the girls from college and 5-day-old Baby Drew!!!
Watching the Ball Drop with our Sparkling Juices - I was on the phone with Nick at this point counting down with him while taking pictures!!!!About 12:20 I left here and drove back to SAU where Mel and I proceeded to drive home to her house and surprise the boys by coming home early!!! I did get a kiss from Nick about 2.? hours after the ball dropped and later the next morning - I told him to kiss me like it was midnight!
We had fun there playing ping pong, laying around like we were lazy bums bringing in the new year - me trying to focus on being there with Nick, not the next 23 days....... he caught me crying at one point and wiped my tears away for me, held me and told me he loved me.... which is all he could do.
We left the Eccles house about 12:00ish and drove back to SAU where Ben and Nick had to be for 2:45 am to leave for Costa Rica - we stopped at Steak & Shake for the reccomended "good meal" before they were to begin the airport craziness of flying out at 6am this morning. They are going to be exhausted by the time they get there!
Then Nick dropped me off at my car in Angie's parking lot and said his version of "goodbye". "I will miss you a lot, I love you, I'm coming back, and when I get back we will be one huge step closer to the wedding, and then we'll be married...." and then we buried our heads in each others shoulders and I cried......





No comments:
Post a Comment