Not Good.
How do you expect me to answer, I'm not good at lying.
A loved one was hurting. I can't say that I had a good weekend. Last Tuesday, so 4 days ago, I posted this post about the quick decline of Nick's beloved Grandma's health. I told you be received the 1st phone call in a series of phone calls that we didn't want to receive.
This past Saturday, I was out picking up this weeks supplies for the coffee shop at church, when he called me to say he had received the 2nd phone call from his mom saying that she probably only had a few hours left to live. You better believe it when I say I got my butt home as fast as I could. He had already been alone too long, but I think some alone time was good for him to feel his emotions without an audience. When I got home his head was hung and he was looking through our family photo's from a couple years ago featuring his Grandma.
![]() |
| Picture taken whilst "cheating" together in Euchre! |
It's hard when we haven't been there in the last few weeks to see the massive decline. I last saw her at Randy and Steph's wedding in September and she, though weak and in a wheelchair, she was a subdued version of herself.
Once I was home, I think I was there about 30 minutes when we got the 3rd and dreaded phone call that it was over. Her struggle on this earth had ended. I held him as he and his mom cried together on the phone and she let us know she would update us with more details in the hours to come as they made plans. It's hard when everyone else was there, except us. Everything within us wanted to be there with the rest of the family.
So we laid together on the floor discussing life, and how we can't believe how some people live their entire lives, not knowing or caring what's at the end. Specifically for Nick who has devoted a total of 5 years of his life now to studying the "Why?" of life with his Philosophy degree and now 1 year into an Master's of Divinity. Before we moved out here, Nick sat down with his Grandma to talk to her about what she believed, and we can only hope and that she's with Jesus now.
The funeral is Thursday afternoon at Roberts @ Sherwood Memorial Gardens Funeral Home. Nick is in the last week of an intense interim class and each class he misses, is like missing a whole week's worth in a normal semester. His family has offered to pay for our flights home, but I'm scared because I just looked and I think flights have doubled since I looked yesterday.
I hope everyone who reads this knows of the FREE gift that all you have to do is accept from Jesus, the Lord of all the Earth and you will have Life after Death with Him in the most glorious place!





No comments:
Post a Comment