Friday I got home from work and my wonderful husband had cleaned up our entire apartment! It looked great! It's amazing how little it takes to make a 1-bedroom apartment look messy, just because if you don't put things back in "their spot" it immediately makes the place look crowded. But with the cleaning out of the way, I was free to make a new mess!!
Scrapbooking!
One of my favourite winter activities!
However to get to my scrapbooking stuff I had several other projects literally in front of scrapbooking. So I pulled out the egg cartons and bag of lint and bag of wax and put it on the kitchen table, then pulled out the glass jars that I was planning to either make this or this. So far I have the lids spray painted black.
Then I worked on making firestarters.... and a wreath from scratch!
For the wreath, I used only things that I already had. So it didn't cost me anything!
Then once I had all those projects complete, I started in on Scrapbooking. I got caught up on my New Years Scrapbook. I was 3 years behind ooops. Funny because I started it the year we got married and that was only 4 year ago. The scrapbook is all black and white, and serves to keep track of how we begin each new year of our married lives. I include who we spent the evening with, where we were at and what we ate and did! It'll be really cool especially years down the road to laugh at our clothing choices etc.
Then I decided since I was caught up on that one - that I should work on finishing my scrapbook for my College Years. I'm working on the last year! Sooo close!
When my legs needed a stretch, I would work on editing our wedding video. The original is like 2 hours or more long and I wanted to make a shorter version. The first one I did was 40 minutes, but I wanted a shorter one still, around 12 minutes. That wasn't possible without cutting out all the good stuff so here is the shortest I could make it at 22 minutes.
I was behind on the TV show The Voice, so while I was scrapbooking I had that playing in the background/with earphones so as to not disturb my paper writing Masters student husband. At the beginning of the 2nd last episode was this: Voice Tribute. What an emotional, and powerful song. Carson
Daly's face just looks torn up. He looks like he's disgusted that he
has to be up there holding the name of a 6 year old.... I didn't write anything earlier on this most recent shooting, because it happened the weekend I was home in Canada and there was so much going on. It is just the saddest thing. There have been far too many shootings this year/recently/all of time. I have very strong opinions on gun control, especially recently living 15 minutes from the Aurora shooting and 7 minutes from Columbine. This community has seen tooo much. As far as I'm concerned NO Civilian should have the rights to own an automatic or semi-automatic weapon. There is NO need! I think there should be NO guns at all in this world except tranquilizers. The world would be a better place. I was in the home of a family with a 3-year old and a baby on the way and the dad carried a small handgun on his belt and it made me soooo nervous! No GUNS!!! Guns = Bad.
I also watched the Golden Globes last night! I cheered and jumped up and down every time Les Miserables won it's category which was 3/4 I believe. Yeah! So proud! They came out with the most awards per movie! They're nominated for 8 Academy Awards so that'll be fun to watch!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago






No comments:
Post a Comment