Friday, January 11, 2013

www.feelingLazy.com

What is wrong with us??

Every weekend we say we're going to go hiking. It was a beautiful day out Saturday, and instead of putting on warm clothes, shoes and the brand new camel back, we slept in and then laid around the apartment.

But boy does being lazy feel good. Lately we've been really lazy on the weekends, and actually do stuff during the week. But getting home at 4:45 when the sun goes down at 5pm doesn't allow for hiking.

I do have some weekend responsibilities though now that I'm in charge of running the coffee bar. at 3:30 I met with "Packman" the current guy who is buying milk and cream cheese etc. so he could teach me how much to keep on hand of each item and then we went to Cost-co to buy it. Then I booked it home to pick up Nick as we had been invited out to a Seminary Couple's home for dinner. They are a more mature family, with 2 tween boys who live in Lakewood; a good 20 minute drive from the seminary. Bill and Nick have sat beside each other in several classes and share laughs and pretzels. Bill has quite the "Punny" sense of humour.  I had met his wife Sharon at the PiM3 Christmas event, not realizing until halfway through the event that she was the wife of Nicks friend Bill!

They fed us a delicious home made lasagna (by Bill) and home made brownies too! Wow were we spoiled they even sent us home with leftovers! Again I say Blessed!!  The conversation was never lacking, we fit right in and didn't at all feel like the age gap was an issue in our friendship. We kind of fit right in between their age and the kids. The boys, Matthew and Mark were at each other's throats all night (too much Christmas vacation), but at the end of the evening sat on the couch with their parents and participated in the someone grown-ups conversation. We left there house shortly before 10pm, as we all had to be at church early the next morning.


Nick didn't sleep well at all, and when he finally did fall asleep he slept through church. Funny, because last night I didn't feel like I slept at all. I spent the whole morning in the coffee bar learning stuff, played hookie from church which I felt bad about but choir is on break and Nick wasn't there for me to sit with so, it made sense that I used the time to learn as much as I could. I learned all the shut down procedures.

I love that you can hear recordings of the choir on the church website. If you want to listen to a fun one - listen to Hallelujah, Amen and then listen to Be Born In Me - sung by Ely Shane and guess how old she is?! You can also watch short videos they play at the beginning of the service. Nick and/or I are often in them.... I'll be in the one they post from this week. He was in the Christmas Carol one.

Our church is sooo cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment