Wednesday, March 11, 2009

www.BigTimeBummed.com

If I had to open one more envelope that says..... "you were great but we chose someone else......" I might scream.

This was in the devotional that I get every Wednesday:

One of the things I had always asked my wife for my birthday present was a gift certificate to go sky diving. Year after year I asked for it, and finally for my 50th birthday, I finally got that gift certificate.

I went up with four friends for a day of learning all about skydiving. What to do in case of a problem, like your parachute not opening. That would be a huge problem.

People have asked me if I was scared. The only time I remember being scared was taking that first step out of the airplane. I had to place my foot on a small ledge on the wing of the airplane with the outside wind whipping against every part of my body.

Many times in life, the most difficult thing to do is to take that first step. Just as I wanted to make sure that first step was secure on the airplane wing, we all want to make sure the steps we take will lead to safety and security.

Sometimes the steps we take in life are uncertain, especially in today's crazy economy. Sometimes the steps we take will not lead to the way we may have thought.

But if you have a close relationship with the Lord, you can be certain of one thing. He will never leave you hanging. He will be there right with you. And in this world of upside downs and inside outs, it is so good to know that someone will always be there.

So keep trusting in the Lord, the one who really cares for you, believes in you and loves you.


I don't feel this way right now but its a good place to start.



Also the advertisment at the top of my page was just advertising something for Everett Lawncare!! I noticed it because it said Everett!!!!! A Great name!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment