How do you go from a week with getting to see lots of Nick, to a weekend where I got to see even more of him and celebrate our marriage together with some of his family - to a week without him...?
I miss him.
However, we are blessed.... which I think is going to be the theme of the next couple months.....
Blessed by absolutely AMAZING parents, and family and friends!!! Seriously!
This weekend was wonderful because I got to see my parents, I got to see my Carrie, and I got to see my Nick, and on top of that we got to share some great times with his parents and his friends! Yikes. Like my facebook status said: It can't get much better than that!
I painted my steering wheel while waiting for Nick Friday afternoon!!!
I tried on MomE's wedding dress!!
She still fits into her wedding dress!!
I didn't know this was upside down until I saw this picture!!!
He got to open presents too!! Boy Paper and boy gift!!
A royally cute pic of us!! Really - Her - she's gorgeous!!!
An art project together as a family!!
"Think of someone who makes you smile" (commands the Dove camel/chocolate I just ate)
OK but lets be serious now.... I miss him.... I really hate being apart - which is what my facebook status says now! I thot after his trip to Costa Rica that would be the last time we'd be apart... at least this time we can talk on the phone....
We played some serious Euchre on Saturday night!!
I failed miserably when quizzed about my Nick.... however he added his own questions!! Goofball - A lot of them I was on the right track - and he was on a different track!! (ie. Favourite food: Chinese or Breakfast, favourite restaurant: Fridays' or Ming Hing)
I met some of his family that I hadn't yet... I hope they liked me... I liked them!!!
We now have a Ping Pong ball reminder of a choosing to have a "Strife-Poof Home". (Col 3:12-17) The sermon at his church on Sunday was the end of a 3 part series on "Home".... It made me want to go "Home" and I can't. It was really the first time I let myself want to go home.... It was hard. It hurt. I was soo glad I got to see my parents & Carrie this weekend... a taste of home (like my mom's 2nd favourite magazine).
I started this out letting you know how random it was going to be... I won't be surprised if I add more to this post as I think of more parts of the weekend!!




I am glad you had a good weekend!
ReplyDelete