You'll never guess who I had dinner with yesterday?
Markie – thats right... told you you'd never guess!
My favourite cousin (don't tell the others!!) LOL. I've always told him that... If I could have had the older brother I always wished for – he is who I wanted! I got an e-mail from him the day before saying he would be driving through and wanted to stop and say Hi. I told him I worked from 9am to 9pm and that it would not really work out. However, he said that even if he just got to say "hi" it would be worth it. So he said he'd call when he was leaving K-zoo and let me know when he would be going through Jackson.
You see he always tells me that he drives right past Jackson and my reply is always – "Well, why don't you ever stop in!" Especially now when I can't go home to see people!
So he said he'd be at the Walmart at 4:55 and I usually take my dinner break from 4:30 to 5:00 so that wasn't really going to work for me to get to see him for very long. But since we were so behind anyway due to a very, very sick pharmacist – it didn't really matter when I went for dinner so I let them know I had a family member driving through from Canada and that I would love to see him. They were ok with it, so Markie and I had Subway together. (He paid! What a sweetheart- he even got me cookies!).
It was a great time, I had to remember to tell myself that I needed to tone down the excited-fast talking or I'd overwhelm him! We had a great time talking about our "life and times" and talking about how his mom bought the house across the street from our Grandparents old house on the 10 year anniversary of her passing.... He is excited for her!
Then, later that night I stopped in to drop some stuff off for Brother and I was telling him how it has been 10 years and he couldn't believe it! He was like "I was only 11?" We all miss her lots! It was wonderful to see 2 boys whom I love who were both being so REAL. Then, I was privileged to spend some quality time with that other boy. That one that I love. We watched some good old fashioned "Whose Line is it Anyway?"
As much as I'm not looking forward to working another 12 hour day, I am looking forward that much to the day when his 9 hour outdoor shifts are in much warmer weather. Oh how I love him!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




YAY! MARK DATE! :D
ReplyDelete