Some days/nights are better than others. I'm happy, I'm content. Others, like today, I just wish it was May and he was done with school and homework, and could just hang out with me on my days off!!!!
However this weekend was blast. I didn't have to work on Saturday and so we had some fun. I drove to Lansing by myself to pick up some dresses, and then came back here with the goal of making Nick a sloppy cook for dinner. I ended up feeding 6 adults and one 2- almost 16-year old. It turned out well despite Nich's fear of my cooking without recipe's!
Then we played 2 games of Settlers of Catan, Jennie really loved it and had a blast for a new player, Nich - he's a boy so he took to a strategy game well, and I on the other hand pulled a Brittney - I learned how to play, without caring what I'm actually doing - therefore had no clue what I was actually doing - ie. no strategy. I ended up almost winning 2x the second game but had 5 people trying really hard to not let me win - just so they could keep playing because they were having sooo much fun!! (even tho it was realllly late). I think they should have all ganged up on my Nick instead since he knew what he was doing and pulled the same trick on us twice, winning both times.
We had a blast though, hanging out together!! Hailey was absolutely adorable today! SOo cute, She helped me get dressed for church and then she dressed herself similarly and was just adorable all day.... minus the cranky moments since she hasn't napped well all weekend. Too much excitement I think.
I worked my tail off on a craft project involving a clock. Its been fun, but I can't wait to keep working on this week with Anna and to see the final product!! YEAH!!!!
Anyhoo - a new week begins.... at least when it ends we'll be only 7 weeks til the wedding!! Oh and I'm soo proud of my Nick for working on 3 papers today.... even if I didn't get to hang out with him as much as I wished I could have, having 2 days off in a row....
and what's with the snow??? I was soo done with that.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment