Friday, May 10, 2013

www.IHadADream.com

I had a dream this morning before my alarm went off and then in-between all my "snoozes" that "tomorrow" I remember A LOT of Details.

I was moving to Indonesia for a year. The dream took place at home in my parents house, and I still lived in my old room. We were having a going away party for me, the living room was full of people, I remember Brian and Anna were there, but he had to leave halfway through to go to teach a bible study at the church, but then she came back after dropping him off.  I remember being sad I wouldn't get to see their baby right away. I remember telling mom I didn't think I was going to get to see Nick before I left to say goodbye, because he was at work but was coming home soon.

Mom was in the kitchen making me dinner to eat on the way to the airport; veal, gravy and something else... which I remember shoving into a Ziploc bag and then shoving all of it into a box that Helen and Linda helped me find on the empty box wall/pile at Gospel Text (the bookstore I worked at in High School).

Dad was freaking out because Mom wanted to take the tunnel to the airport, and he didn't think we were going to have enough time to get there. He was sure I was going to miss my plane.

I went into my bedroom to grab my suitcases and realized I hadn't finished packing. I only had the box of food and half of 1 of 3 suitcases full. I didn't know if there was winter in Indonesia so I was only packing summer clothes, but grabbed a few sweaters just in case.

After throwing a bunch of stuff in my suitcase, one whole small suitcase of DVD's - and a picture frame or 2 and putting my laptop in my carry on, mom dad and I got in the minivan and started off towards the airport. But then I realized I didn't have the address to "something" but it was in my e-mail so we stopped at the church and I pulled out my laptop to get in the address out of my e-mail, but I couldn't get the church's wireless to connect to my laptop - but luckily Kathy Millard (a lady from our church that I don’t have a close relationship with so it’s weird that she was in the dream) was there, and she had a smart phone, so I fumbled through trying to pull up my e-mail on her phone, which took like 30 mins. My poor anxious dad....  We couldn't find Kathy to return the phone to her so I just left it on the information booth.

The last thing I remember is sitting on the plane thinking about how I forgot to log out of my e-mail account on her phone, but it would automatically log out after 2 weeks if no one used it. Later I heard that Kathy thought when I asked to borrow her phone that she thought I needed to take it with me to Indonesia, and though she didn't want to give up her phone, for me she was ok with that. 

That's all. My back hurts from the stressful sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment