About 3+ weeks ago I had a sore throat that hurt only on the right side of my esophagus. It was painful but I could go on living like normal just with sharp pain when I swallowed, yawned, burped (yes girls do that too), or just you know swallowed - like you do 2000 times a day. Then the Monday afternoon before my Birthday.....the throat infection (I think that's what it was) became a full blown sinus infection. It hit hard! It knocked me down!
But I got up again.
Every morning I got up, went to work - blew through a whole box of Kleenex (literally) the first day. But then I'd get home and crash! I took naps, and laid on the couch basically doing nothing else (except Thursday night when I made 3 birthday cakes and Friday when I ignored that I was sick and celebrated my birthday by going to the Seminary Spring Gala).
Now it's a week and 3 days later, and I'm still pretty sick. Yesterday I felt weak - I described it as, just tired of fighting to breath. I have skipped all things that aren't mandatory for me to do - such as choir practice 2x, but I've done the coffee bar shopping cuz I have to. Speaking of which, Nick helped me last weekend and when a frozen bottle of Pepsi exploded it almost killed him or popped out an eye! (He's ok - it just missed him but I had to clean up a huge area of explosion mess.)
Monday night was Nick's birthday, and in keeping with the sick theme, I just laid on the couch and did nothing all night. But not because I didn't want to hang out with and make his birthday special, but because he chose to play Ping Pong on campus with the guys and then go play basketball at some random church.
We have recently started watching the TV show Bones. We love that we have a lot of episodes to watch so we won't run out for a long time!
Other things going on in our lives, health insurance is kicking my butt... I signed up for work insurance, and what I though the fee was for the whole year, was actually per month. I signed up for the cheapest health insurance, which is almost $500 a month! Anyone else think that's ridiculous! Especially on 1 income that already barely pays the bills!! No WAY!!!!!!!! But the first month is paid for, and we're about broke because of it - so that hasn't been fun. I cancelled it as soon as I realized that. for almost $6000 a year, I'd rather keep that money and just be flat broke IF anything happens.... I'm still looking into other health insurance options... My mind has been wondering off to Canada and their Standardized Healthcare a lot lately....!
I've been invited to my choir directors bridal shower.... she got engaged like 2 weeks ago. Haven't gotten a chance to spend time with Mariah yet to talk to her about it all (cuz of the sickness)... I feel very honoured though because the e-mail was only sent to 6 people, and we were told to keep it quiet (around other choir people) because not everyone could be invited!!!
I'm trying to figure out a time to fly home this summer.... between the times Nick's going to be gone, in class, the 1-4 weddings we're attending this summer, one of which is in Canada....
Ok let me ask your opinion on this....
Wedding in Canada. One of my 8 Friends from Highschool. All my other friends are NOT bringing their husbands to the wedding........ (note: Nick hasn't been to Canada since before we moved out here a year and a half ago)
So do I:
A. Fly home for a long weekend, bring Nick and then leave him for all of Saturday and go alone to the wedding?
B. Fly home, take Nick with me to wedding - but him be bored because there are no other guys he knows...
C. Fly home without Nick and just have a girls/family weekend.
E. Fly home, take him to wedding, but go to reception alone?
I just realized that going to the wedding gives me the best chance of seeing ALL my friends the easiest! I hate missing out on all the togetherness, and since we all live all over the place now.
I HAVE to go to the wedding.
Yep thanks for helping me figure it out. I'll ask Nick what he wants to do.




I hear ya on the insurance! ouch! We haven't had insurance for 3+ years. It's scary, but thankfully we've been ok. And we'd be totally broke if we paid for it.
ReplyDeleteAnd so sorry you've been sick. :/ Miserable.
And really cool that you got a "private" invite to the shower! So fun!