Tuesday, April 28, 2009

www.showered.com

Tuesday, April 28th the church I work for hosted a party for me. Nick and I were blessed with some gifts of money/gift cards to Kohls - Target - Meijer, some useful paper products, cups we registered for, a brita water pitcher, a Prayer Shawl (the church makes them and prays for the recipient as they make them), the game Taboo, and probably a few other things I have forgotten. Ooh and this really cool towel cake (seen below).





The food was mostly yummy and I say mostly because for the last 6 years I have been avoiding Quiche like the plague... since I was in France and ate quiche at breakfast/lunch/dinner I was sick of it. However since I was the guest of honour, and it has been 6 years... I did it. I ate 2 of the mini quiches.

I am blessed to work for people who like me. The rest of the day involved hanging out/listening to a friend and then hanging out with the Pollaks while my Nick is getting ready for Porchfest!!!!
Random thot: Hailey has heard me call my Nick "My Nick" and today she was asking where "her Nich" was - except what she meant to say was "Daddy" but since learning her parents real names - she is trying them out... a lot!! It's sooo funny. She was just adorable tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I thought that was a real cake at first. It's beautiful! :D And the rest of the spread looks lovely. That was so great of them.

    ReplyDelete