Monday, April 20, 2009

www.stress-less.com

Stress: is a biological term which refers to the consequences of the failure of an organisms body to respond appropriately to emotional or physical threats to the organism, whether actual or imagined.

Yes, certain situtations have caused me to reach my stress-point: the inabilitiy to make decisions. If you want info on specific decisions; call me.

Friday night, my Nick asked if I wanted to go walk the track for Relay for Life.... I wanted to see him so I said yes, even though my feet were tired from standing on them all day, but I'll take any chance I can to spend some us time, talking etc. However, the grumpy me went on that walk with him, not the one that is happy and fun to be around... so I was told I better go to bed early so that when we did have more time to spend together it wouldn't be the grumpy/tired/stressed me.

Sooo Saturday night = a chosen attitude change. I made up my mind that when I got home I would be in a good mood. It sort of worked.... had I not had an exhaustion headache I would have been in a better mood, but after having Nick drive instead of me and relaxing on my bed to release some of the physical stress on my body, I enjoyed the evening with my Nick and Nich & Jennie. We ate some pizza and then went out to some friends in Concord to play the extended version of Settlers of Catan. We had to teach them, and they enjoyed it. In between game 1 and game 2 the boys went to the gas station to get some motivation beverages to keep us going... 6 iced teas/coffee/cappacino's later - my Nick still won both games.

Even after leaving their house - we debabted on playing a 3rd game - but decided against it.

Sunday afternoon for me was filled with crafting!!! When I get home tonight I might be convinced to take a picture of what I worked on and post it, but I love how they turned out!!
I also webcammed with a great friend all afternoon and a bit with my mom! Then an incredibly relaxing evening with my Nick; watching basketball, Scrubs, and Sports Center.

Therefore my weekend was less-stress than my weeks are....

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand the feeling of looking forward to being with him and then being all grumpy instead and kind of dampening the goodness. glad everything looked up from there!

    ReplyDelete