Then after a disappointing sold out movie theatre for a free showing of the Horton movie, the my favourite toddler, her parents and I went to Big Boy for lunch were I managed to eat a "cup of soup" - broccoli of course. (one of my favourite childhood memories - Big Boy soup with Oyster crackers!!) Anyhoo then they dropped me off at SAU where Nick had driven my car so he could be to work on time, MG and I got some great chat in and Anna & I finished the CLOCK!! How good it feels to have that done too!! Things are totally coming together!!

Did I explain the clock?? Its going to be what people sign at the wedding instead of a guest book or photo frame - cuz I love clocks! (notice the Crusader under the clock)
Then I went back to MG's house where I chill when I am in between places and waited for my brother and dad to return from their retreat!!! Mom did some exciting things for dad while he was gone, and dad left some cute notes for mom for while he was gone! It was great to see his face and reaction when I told him I got the parole papers!! He was very happy for us!! A big stress reliever!!!
We got to spend about a hour together before Nick got off work and came with us into Jackson for some yummy delish food at the Parlour. I'm usually not one for going to a place and eating something other than their specialty: ie. they do ice cream - I eat their ice cream. However their food is also delicious all of us loved our meals. I even have leftovers for my lunch tomorrow!!! Then we got ice cream of course because I think you could be arrested for going there and NOT getting ice cream. Nick and I shared and after he fed me the first 2 bites I decided that he should feed me the rest... so I never touched a spoon the rest of the dish of Oreo cookie crumble ice cream covered in sprinkles.
Now I'm off to bed because lets face it - its been a full weekend and an even longer week and I face another long week!!!! Its been wonderful talking to my mom all weekend lots, probably cost me a fortune, but worth it. Michael and Dad got bonding time, I got mama bonding time. This is also my first ever Cantata that I have not gone to, Christmas' was the first one I wasn't in... its not easy - change. I cried over this too.... too many tears this weekend. Must sleep.....




oh yahh... broccoli soup from big boy with oyster crackers is the BEST! i forgot about that! I want to go there with Jake.. perhaps I will take him out on a date tommorow since it will be a snowday.
ReplyDeleteAlso.. there was something else i was going to say.. but i forget. uuhh..cant remember.
I laughed when I read the part about getting arrested for not getting the Parlour's ice cream.
ReplyDeleteWe laugh because it's funny. We laugh because it's true.