Monday, April 13, 2009

www.wonderfulness.com

I can't even begin to describe how wonderful of a weekend I had! After getting off work on Friday night, I went home and I blogged (see the previous post) and was all emotional and was waiting to hear the results of my Nick's magic tournament from that night. He called to let me know he'd won again - his 3rd tournament in a row (we're hoping he'll get good enough to start winning tournaments where they give out money instead of more cards)! Anyhoo he asked what was up with me, and after I had told him I was having an emotional night, wishing I was home and stuff; he let me know that instead of just surprising me, he told me he had given up his 2-6am shift and was coming to see me instead. He heard it in my voice that I needed him, and altho he had already given up his shift he thought I would feel better if I knew! Its true - it made me incredibly happy! He is amazing!!!

The Saturday morning we set out to begin our weekend together, failing in every direction that we went... we got a late start, we both forgot to bring our cell phones, forgot the GPS in my car, etc. Then we had a 10:30 appointment and went to the wrong place.... which we decided was the right place instead, then we decided they are stupid so: wrong place..... Anyhoo then we went to Meijer to pick up some yummins for the rest of our weekend! We got PB&J for lunch, chips for snacking, hamburger helper for dinner (and a few other dinners) and picked up 2 movies for the watching.

Over the course of the rest of the day we watched House, cooked dinner, watched How I Met Your Mother, danced in the living room, watched Marley & Me, cleaned up dished, watched Yes Man, did laundry and overall had a relaxing day together. We both agree that our relationship grew deeper this weekend as we tried to figure out our future. We dreampt big! We have a great plan!

Sunday we went to the JaxNaz again - where it was standing room only for their Easter service! Next year they should have their NEW sanctuary. We had a hard time deciding weather to go to SAFMC where we figured it would be a more traditional EASTER service or go to the JaxNaz where we knew it would be more modern. In the end we wished we'd got to the SAFMC but we both love the JaxNaz for every other Sunday! Its hard to learned new songs sometimes. We sang only 1 old hymn and for that hymn I had tears in my eyes - the hymns represent past Easters too me, bring up great memories. I could hear my mom singing beside me in my head and that was emotional enough.

After church his mom called to wish us a Happy Easter and let us know that his family was having a cook out instead of the traditional Easter ham and such.... even though we were planning on having a more traditional Easter meal - just the 2 of us, those brats she was talking about sounded goooood, soooo instead of picking up a roasted chicken we got brats and grilled them on the George Forman!! MMMM I also made scalloped potatoes too! Then we successfully finished all my laundry and had it all put away and had the dishes done! I It was truely an average weekend with nothing tooo exciting and yet it was wonderful, because it was all with him!

After he left at 4:30 to go to work, again - which I was sad about, but glad he didn't have to work at 12noon like normal! Then I got to work on a bit of cleaning/packing which is royally sad (I don't want to leave, but I want to leave = bittersweet) but I only have 3 days off between now and May 1st that I'll be home for. NOT MUCH!! Then I also worked on a couple scrapbook pages from Nicks Costa Rica trip. To make the evening even more enjoyable I had Les Miserables playing and ate some cookie dough! It just can't get much better!

My latest struggle is: not getting the things figured out as quickly as I want them too. I thought we were going to have it all figured out and we were sooo excited, we were dreaming of the close future, dreaming of baking soda, sugar, couches and curtains, pools, Frisbee, bbqs, Sunday afternoon game days, dates, etc. But with our hopes dashed with words like "not-breakable" or $50 more a month, we continue to look for other options. I just want it figured out now! However I was proud of Nick's walk-away-power and his persuasion of me. I think our plan to "live-like-no-one-else-so-later-we-can-live-like-no-one-else" is a great plan! AHH Patience!!

On to lunch with my MAMA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment