The rest of this week is basically JUST work. Between my 2 jobs I'm working a total of 40 hrs the rest of the week - including breaks but not drive time.... and the sad part is I already worked 15hrs. If you want to count the time I've been away from home that's 60 hrs.
Anyhoo yesterday was the only day that I had any version of free hours to myself. What did I do with them? I got a shot that is going to cause me whole body to ache for the next week, I paid $ to get my car fixed - which I don't think was done properly anyways, then I went to the bank because somehow my pin number got changed so I haven't been able to use my debit card for a week.
The only joy I got yesterday for myself was the little Timmy's break Nick and I took while we were waiting for my car, and the 1st String Ensemble practice of the year! I forgot how much I loved going! As soon as I started playing again - I remembered how- I hadn't forgotten. I did however get moved up to the front row of the 2nd violins this year again!!! No more hiding in the back for me.
We have several international selections – the Danza Final from Estancia by Ginastera (THIS video is WORTH watching!), a movement from a Brahms symphony, What Wondrous Love is This? a Dvorak aria, Gershwin and Debussy’s Clair de Lune – and some cool American pieces, including a piece called Snake River Stomp and Duke Ellington's Don't Get Around Much Anymore and Li'l Darlin' (jazz)!
Our concert will be on November 17, and the Hanging o’ the Greens will be on December 11. We have also been asked to do a special presentation for the Board of Trustees at the Jackson Country Club on Thursday, November 5. That will include an excellent dinner!
Anyhoo - while I was waiting for 5 o'clock I thought I'd stop in and visit people. I stopped in to see Anna - she wasn't there... I went to M&D - they were excited to see me, I went to see MG - she had just left - I went to the business office and visited with them - then I took a detour through the COM Dept and ran into Jen (my film theory prof) before I ended in the Band Room!
After String Ensemble I picked up Chinese food for Nick and I and while he worked on his independent study - which he's handing in today, I worked on compiling a list of all of the gifts we received from our wedding and who got us what - so that as I'm using things and appreciating them, I can remember who gave it to us!
Then this morning I got an e-mail from my mom saying that my wedding photographer updated her website and her portfolio and some of my wedding pics are in it! As are Mandy's!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment