So I spent 7 of some of the most emotionally exhausting hours of my life at the hospital today. I don't know Jennie and Nich are going to do it every day. I got to see all 4 tiny tiny babies. This picture is of Brooklyn's foot.
Their arms and legs are about the width of my baby finger. At one point when I was the only one there with Jennie we were talking about how she felt. It was hard and there were lots of tears, and then the one of the babies nurses came in with a social worker and shared that Katelyn was not doing well at all and to call Daddy to come immediately, they were really scared her heart wasn't going to make it. And Landon's lungs were not working. They hooked up Landon to a new breathing machine that gave him 100% oxygen. We breath 21% every day so he's receiving 500 breaths per minute. Last I heard he was down to 80% which is good.
Anyhoo soo I called Nich to come back and I was trying sooo hard not to cry and then I called the church to tell them to pray immediately. Eventually Nich got there and I left the NICU and took Hailey for the afternoon so they could be with their critical babies!!!! They are all stable now but they're still under 100% care in the NICU and will be for months if they survive Lord willing.... tonight they were doing brain scans on 3 of them! I pray that they all make it and develop normally!
Hailey doesn't quite know how serious things are, she knows she is a big sister and that momies babbies are out but its going to be hard for her to comprehend that they can't take the babies home right away. It'll be hard especially when she sees the babies for the first time because she's seen other new born babies already in the hospital! She's also being passed around to different homes and her life has been disrupted! Pray for normalacy for them!!
Pray for the babies and Jennie and Nich and Hailey!!




Thanks for the update! I talked to Jen last night and we've been praying really hard for all of them!
ReplyDeleteI will continue to pray for them.
ReplyDelete