Saturday, September 5, 2009

www.Ode2myOrangeWipWops.com

The high point of my day was not the moment when I walked past $2 orange flip flops at Wal-Mart and thought about my old favourite orange flip flops that I bought at Bob's Food Basics 7 years ago for $1.36 and wore every summer for about 6 summers. I loved those shoes and nothing could be more awesome than a pair of shoes that cost soo very little and brought me soo much joy. (ps. WipWops is the term used my by fav. 3 year old to describe flip flops)

It wasn't when the clock finally hit 7 o'clock pm and I could finally leave Wal-mart and come home to new kitchen chairs that Mel found at a garage sale for 20 for the whole set (of 4 - one is still at the Eccles!)!

It was first thing this morning when I woke up to a back massage from my recently unemployed husband, who had been up since 7 am working out, cleaning the kitchen, re-organizing the fridge, the counter space, our appliances, and making me breakfast. He had made my lunch, made new juice and filled my bottle for my day at work.

And now as I sit here alone finally finishing "the wedding planner" after my 3rd attempted, knowing that Nick had a fun day with all of his college friends hanging out at our house, playing cards, eating delicious home made hamburgers, brats and corn on the cob on our new grill. He is now playing Ping Pong with Tyler and Gavin at SAU.

Friendships: I know I work a lot, too much really.... but I still manage to talk to Mel almost everyday for a good amount of time, I get to see Jennie weekly (whom I heard tonight grew like 4 inches yesterday so that's hilarious). I talk to Nicks mom almost daily and am finding a great friend in her. I talk to my parents regularly as well, although I'm sure I could still talk to them a ton more if it wasn't soo expensive to call them. I'm glad MG is back on this side of the border, so I shall hopefully find lots of time to hang out with her.... (since I'm trying desperately hard to make sure I'm in her bridal party {teehee}) The friends I really miss though, I need to work on contacting.... I miss Carrie lots.....and my most important friend of all - is now unemployed so I shall get to see him way more often then I have since we our honeymoon!! I'm totally excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment