Tuesday, September 8, 2009

www.LabourlessDay.com

Sunday + Monday: 2 days totally with my Nick! = wonderfulness.

I love it. I love him being unemployed (for now)! The 2 days were filled with laziness injected with Nicks new found enjoyment of keeping the house clean and dishes done. Therefore we probably gained a few pounds, because all we did was eat, watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S., set up our Fantasy Football team, read C.S. Lewis, and Scrapbook. However we did take a walk in the drizzling rain, and we did dance together by candle light. Oh and Nick got a work out when he carried me to bed last night!

I can't believe it is Sept 8th already.... Sarah McFadeyen moved into SAU yesterday- I thought about her all day!!! Oh the memories.... its soo sad and hard to realize it's over for me - and I've already have been gone a year!! Nick was having a hard time too - its a weird adjustment.... I feel like we need to get out of this area for it to be an easier transition. SAU will always be a part of me tho. I love that place!

Anyhoo, I made chocolate chip cookies off of Mel's blog - but we only baked 4 of them... we froze the rest of the batter to make a cookie here or there all week or to make this weekend when his parents are here!!!

I worked upstairs on my childhood boxes on Saturday night while Nick was hanging with Tyler!! I got lots accomplished! I'm going to make a real scrappy scrapbook of as many of those memories as possible! I have only 4 double page spreads left of my wedding scrapbook - I can hardly believe it didn't take me a year to do!!! However I have a whole set of Detail Pics.... and I don't have any pages left to put them in the book so I need to come up with a creative way to add them to the book..... I love it when I get done with a spread and I love it... Nick just laughs at me, then tells me he loves it too.... cuz that's what I want to hear!!

You'll have to come over and look at this book - because I'm afraid it might be too big and heavy to take anywhere... (Jennie- I think its too heavy for even you to lift!!!) Ha. You get the point!

In other news, my finger nails are soooo long right now - but next week String Ensemble starts up again!! So I'll have to trim them because there is no way on earth I can play with them this long and perfect, sadly. I also should probably find my violin and tune it! This semester we're playing several international selections – the Danza Final from Estancia by Ginastera, a movement from a Brahms symphony, a Dvorak aria and Debussy’s Clair de Lune – and some cool American pieces, including a piece called Snake River Stomp and some jazz!

1 comment: