Wednesday, October 3, 2012

www.aFewStableThings.com

life is always unexpected.

I don't appreciate the randomness of my life schedule right now. However I love the few things that are stable! Having a few things that happen on a regular basis gives me things to look forward to when the rest of my days are always a mystery.


I've been working several different temp jobs, I have interviews randomly, I get asked to babysit randomly and it always seems to be last minute so I can never fully prepare my mind for the event.


 I love that Tuesday nights are my girls nights. - the last 2 Tuesdays 4-5 women of seminary wives have gathered in my living room, snuggled on my couch, sipping tea, discussing marriage as influenced by a seminary and ministry, enjoying yummy snacks and praying for our husbands!


I love that Wednesday nights are choir - Every week, I'm enriched by the women in the Soprano section! I was nominated for the Section Leader Elections but sadly was not voted in, however I was blessed anyway by our wonderful choir director with her words of love and encouragement (and thots on next year's team)!


I love that Parenthood is Every Tuesday - It's easily become my favourite TV show and even if for some reason I can't watch it on Tuesday you better believe I'm looking forward to the first 40 mins of free time on Wednesday to watch it! I also love that Nick watches it with me!


I love that I get to go to Church every Sunday! - the past 4 weeks in a row I have had a microphone on my head or in my hand and have been an integral part of the service, drawing people into what our Pastor is sharing! It has been fun and I love the people that we are surrounded with at church!


Thursday/Friday/Saturday's are open and I like that! I love spending time with Nick or making plans together!!!

I'm getting excited about Christmas and the idea of our first Christmas together alone. Hard it will be for sure, but the new traditions that we can start just the 2 of us, that we will one day include children in is exciting! We've talked about renting like 6 Christmas movies.... I don't know what we'll eat... maybe we can eat all day long... start with Cranberry tea in the morning, mashed potatoes and corn at lunch, a turkey for dinner and some fancy dessert in the evening? I think we'll be going to see Les Mis at the movies this year... and I'm making our own stockings so it will be fun to see how we will fill those, especially considering how low we are on funds! Therefore I have lots of planning to do in my spare time which I love to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment