I saw the cutest thing on Friday as I pulled into my apartment complex Friday after a long week of work. There were 4 10-year old girls who had set up "lemonade stand." They had a pitcher of juice, 4 kinds of cookies and cupcakes for sale. Twas a glimpse of summer!
I drove around the front building to the back where I live, and met Nick and we walked over and bought 4 cookies from them. I honestly have no idea why they were selling them, what they were raising the money for but they were delicious. Nick got an ultimate turtle cookie, we both got a chocolate chip and I got a butterscotch. The only kind we didn't try was peanut butter!
The 2nd cute thing that happened this weekend involved Nick our Couch and our Bed. We both fell asleep on the couch, and then sometime around midnight Nick woke up, woke me up and told me to come to bed. The last thing he remembers is me sitting up to follow him and his heading head hitting the pillow. Around 5 am he says he rolled over to snuggle with me, and I wasn't there. I honestly don't remember any of that until he was standing over me, sound asleep on the couch, demanding I come to bed so he could put his arm around me. Cute right?!
On a side note - I want to say how grateful I am that the weather was so beautiful the week my parents were here... if I had to navigate through this snow to get home for my lunch hours I would have gotten significantly less time with them than I did! Although our drive to Vail was pretty brutal, it would have been a lot worse or impossible if we had been going in weather like what we're experiencing now.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment