Today I realized how incredibly much I'm going to miss SAU. I have left my heart at Spring Arbor. (literally - Nick is still there) I'm hoping I can find a job that would allow me the time to be in the String Ensemble still.... (hope & pray)
I helped Nick move his stuff into Ormston 3 where he is about to finish his last year of college living with his freshman year roommate. They love each other!! (I just couldn't take the best year of college away from him, as much as I'd rather be his roommate) He's very excited to start the year, to live with his friends again, and to be back on a different campus than the one he "protected" all summer: one where life exists again.
After his drawers were well organized (by me), his bed made (me), his computer set up (him) and couch put in the perfect place, the 2 of us headed off to the Parlour where I had an amazing cheese burger, and we shared a Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae (of which Gavin finished the leftovers). We walked around campus hand-in-hand (which we haven't been able to do since he's been on duty) to end our part of the evening (which I never want to do-end the evening...) and I just wasn't ready to leave..... not yet!! The tears threatened to come, and are pretty much flowing right now, so I called a good friend who I knew would be on campus early because she was an RA. Seeing my girls from my floor who were freshman then, junions now and RA's and PA's is soo cool, and makes me realize that my time is done. My 4 years flew by.....
Anyways I visited with Kelchy for a long time, catching up learning about her summer in Mississippi working with as a missionary with youth. I also talked with her and Marjie who are both now seniors and were wondering what its like to be done, and pondering how fast their senior years are going to go.....
Life moves on too quickly, I shall cry myself to sleep now....I don't like it, one bit - except it'd be really nice if the next 266 days would go fast... ;o)
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago




oooooh the Parlour! I have been craving it!
ReplyDelete