Tuesday, August 5, 2008

www.MuchNeededShopping.com

Hi! So today I decided I needed a shopping trip - bad thing to do when you're unemployed and have been for the whole summer - but I hadn't gone one a shopping trip in forever for new clothes.....so as a smart person I hired Jennie to come with me. Her and Mel can get the best deals on clothes so I took her with me. I ended up with 6.5 items for about $10 each which is pretty good for me. (My usual shopping trend = I like it, I buy it.... don't even look at the tag...which sometimes means I end up with the wrong size...lol). Needless to say I'm happy with my choices and I tried on some very different items for me. The ".5" is because Jennie and I are sharing one of the shirts. Not only did I buy new clothes I gave some away too!

This whole outfit is new - we were thinking it'd be great for Christmas - I have really been wanting a black skirt like that since I borrowed Betsy's over the last school year... !!! The red shirt has gold sparkles in it.


This shirt I put darts in my self to make it more fitted!!! I'm so proud of myself - Bessie are you impressed? (the jeans were already mine... and I just had to put the pig tails in for that pic!)

This whole outfit is new as well....


I broke down and bought a pair of Gaucho's. My mother will be proud. She tried to get my to buy some about 2 summers ago and I was completely against them! The shirt I'm sharing with Jennie is also something she would love. (the pink tube top was mine, and the sharing shirt - Jennie has right now so I can't take a picture of it.)

We also went grocery shopping tonight which I have done several times with the Pollaks and I'm learning a lot on saving money while shopping. We got a tonne of groceries for really good prices. It will benefit me greatly living with these two!

I saw on my iGoogle that I only have 290 more days to survive being single.... which surprisingly got me more excited than 299-breaking the 300 mark. I love seeing zero' s for some reason.

I don't even know what to do about going home - the job I have there sucks and I don't make any money at it, I could kind of do the job from here - where I'd rather be anyways because then I can see Nick!!!!! I really don't like not seeing him everyday. I love that he came over to be with me today when I was down in the dumps about that job.... he left his friends who were having a youtube party to come make me mac & cheese for lunch instead of just eating chocolate (which I think is a perfectly good lunch when you are sad.....).

One of the girls (Scarlet) from my floor Jr year when I was their RA got married on Saturday.... Crazy. However she looked beautiful as did all her bridesmaids which were mostly my girls as well. (the red dress Scarlet is wearin in the second picture - was accidentally sent to her by the chinese people instead of a white one - because her name is Scarlet -in translation, they thot she wanted a Scarlet dress.....)

3 comments:

  1. were you at the wedding??

    and I'm glad you're learning smart shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you and our book club meetings, not that we actually had many, but you get the point.. I miss you.. I am glad to hear that shopping went well and the shirts are way cute!! Keep in touch!
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share in the VERY PROUDNESS of you shopping finds! Just check the clearance sections every so often! Even on frozen veggies! :)

    ReplyDelete