Saturday, January 9, 2010

www.creativeBlogTitle.com

and when I am alone....give me Jesus.

Tis Saturday morning, a lazy Saturday morning, now. We had guests over last night, just a few nights before Dana asked if her and Michael could come over and stay for a night at our house. They were on their way to some seminary student book sale in Grand Rapids for some sweet commentaries. I got off work last night at 9pm, home about 9:30, they arrived at 10pm and my Nick arrived home at 10:30.

Nick decided to enjoy what he had left of his unemployment and yesterday went and hung out with Adam and Gavin, played Magic, met me for dinner at the Hunt Club and planned on playing Frisbee. Dinner was wonderful, I had been grumpy for a couple days without really knowing why.... but I wasn't last night so dinner was refreshing! I had some chicken dumpling soup that was delish!

I was irritated with humans yesterday though. I had a customer who just irked me the WRONG way. Now I realized this is how a lot of people feel, but you should voice it. She came up to me at the counter and said "ooh, you're still here...."
"Yes, I'm always here" I reply.
"You don't have to be you know, are you getting any education" (she asks sounding very condescending)
"Actually I have a degree" (now - me sounding defensively angry)
"Oh - then why are you working here, you should be working somewhere that makes you happy" she says (now I'm just mad)
I attempt a calm reply: "believe me, I'm trying - the economy sucks" (but I'm screaming in my head!)
Then she says to me "have you prayed about it - prayer is the key you know....bla bla bla"

OK now I'm a Christian, I understand prayer is the key, sure she was trying to witness to me or something.... but I was already sooo mad at her for talking to me like I was a teenage mother working at Wal-mart to makes ends meet because I had dropped out of high school.... URG!!!!

ok so anyways now I was in a sarcastic mood all night - people were driving me crazy, but as I drove out of the parking lot I left behind my sarcastic mood and got excited to have guests over...

Basically we were a cheap (free) hotel for them, but I made Dana drink my newest flavour of tea (sugar cookie) with me, and then they went to bed. We got up and made them bacon and eggs for breakfast then they were off!

Now I'm listening to my iTunes playlist on random - which I haven't listened too since we got married.

Next Topic:

Now I'm listening to an instrumental version of "Somewhere Out There" and I know the subject of the song refers to a person, however my thoughts have been filled with the idea that there must be a job somewhere out there in the location of Ann Arbor for me. It sounds perfect to me and I've been conversing with God to see if He is on the same page as me... I mean it sounds good: both of us working in the same city, and a city at that - where I can shop and not drive 20 mins to get to somewhere instead of being nowhere - (in the middle that is). I would still want to drive to Jackson though for church. But I don't know if that is what God's plan is for us... my nerves are pretty shot as for driving in the snow so I hope He takes that into consideration when He finally provides me with a job and a place to live.

I was interrupted while writing this post to go to the grocery store... Nick ran there, I drove, shopped and met him at the door and drove him home... now we will not leave the house for the rest of the day. We will watch football, scrapbook, cards, watch Scrubs, eat food, drink liquids, go through my Christmas cards etc, and who knows what other activities we could imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment